Hello everyone! so straight to the question what is the point of the FAl if you have an M14. the M14 has higher rate of fire and less recoil, as well as tons more ammo and an optic. so is there even a point to the ultra rare FN FAL?

First post so sorry if it isn't up to code!

bump a dump

Well aside from saying "I have an FN FAL" there is a variant with a night vision acog. I could see keeping that one for night hunting, but overall not much advantage

Put FAL mags into the loot tables... problem solved. FAL can be flicked to automatic as well, correct me if I'm wrong... that might be an advantage to some.

If FAL mags were added to the loot table it'd be much more viable. I actually think that the FAL should be added to the regular loot table, not just the helicopter crashes. The NV FAL should stay as a helicopter crash-only drop, but the bone-stock FAL should be a regular occurance.

It's all about player preference and circumstance. If both were at the same availability level, it would be more about which one you actually -do- find, rather than which one is better.

Agree with Katana, the FAL should be added to the regular table while the one with the night optics is fine at the helo spawns.

Should be a viable alternative to the AKM to spice things up.

Put FAL mags into the loot tables... problem solved. FAL can be flicked to automatic as well' date=' correct me if I'm wrong... that might be an advantage to some.

[/quote']

Only single & burst fire @FN FAL in ArmA

If FAL mags were added to the loot table it'd be much more viable. I actually think that the FAL should be added to the regular loot table' date=' not just the helicopter crashes. The NV FAL should stay as a helicopter crash-only drop, but the bone-stock FAL should be a regular occurance.

[/quote']

Agreed.

yea i know one has optics, but i just dont see the point to something so rare.

The FAL is one of the most popular weapons on the planet. It is the "arm of the free world" as some put it. Why it is not a moderate rarity spawn like the AK74 or M16A2 is beyond me.

Although the NV version should remain an extremely rare, or a 0.11% occurance item like the M240 or M249 at the least.

I've been using the M14 for a while now and I know it well (as did many of my victims); if it had a burst option I would never use it. The weapon handles just fine with semi, can knock a player on their ass in one shot anyway.

I've been using the M14 for a while now and I know it well (as did many of my victims); if it had a burst option I would never use it. The weapon handles just fine with semi' date=' can knock a player on their ass in one shot anyway.

[/quote']

You wouldn't use it if it had the option to switch firemodes?

I've been using the M14 for a while now and I know it well (as did many of my victims); if it had a burst option I would never use it. The weapon handles just fine with semi' date=' can knock a player on their ass in one shot anyway.

[/quote']

You wouldn't use it if it had the option to switch firemodes?

I assume he meant he would never use the burst mode.

yea i know one has optics' date=' but i just dont see the point to something so rare.

[/quote']

THE OPTICS.