Sign in to follow this  
d_aubertine@hotmail.com

Are there AI bandits?

Nope, and hopefully there wont be any AI with guns, anyone who's played the single player could testify that the AI can shoot the balls of a flea at 500 yards with a slingshot loaded with mexican jumping beans.

Nope' date=' and hopefully there wont be any AI with guns, anyone who's played the single player could testify that the AI can shoot the balls of a flea at 500 yards with a slingshot loaded with mexican jumping beans.

[/quote']

This is one of the reasons I think there are AI bandits.

We ran across two players at least one of which had a display name "bandit" in green. I was able to kill one, but no message indicating a player death came up. I think the 2nd player was also showing as "bandit" when I hovered over him. I unloaded a full 9mm magazine into him at 1m distance he then turned and one shotted me, while I was prone and behind him (which was typical ARMA AI behavior).

Also, he didn't loot any of the fully loaded 4+ player corpses. I say 4+ because if they werent AI, then he also didn't loot his dead friend.

This game has a lot of mystery, I myself do question if there are AIs out there.

I've had similar experiences where I get shot, have a full ALICE pack and the damn guy just walks off. This happens usually on the outskirts of town, so I see no reason to not loot me.

Some survivors as well just run past me without even batting an eye. Others its just shoot on sight. Maybe its all just the human condition.

Sometimes bandits dont go into town to a body to loot, but wait until they are confident things are clear.

It's stupid to run straight up to a body.

The reason you got killed is cause you thought it was clear/empty/unseen.