rogue246

GPS proper use

I've been playing for a little while now and recently found a GPS. I have a map and compass but cannot figure out how to properly use the GPS. Can someone give me a brief guide on how to bring it up and it's uses?

Thanks!

Right ctrl + m brings up gps. It will show your players direction and immediate surroundings on screen. Aso grid reference so you can find yourself on the full map.

• Like 4

Pretty much everything these two have said.

Right control, make sure you use the right control and m opens a miniature map on bottom right, also for a quick grid reference guide it is open on your map so you don't have to find it yourself.

I noticed it says Coor. and Map. Can I tab back and forth between them or is it the same thing?

The GPS window seem to overlap the icons seen on the bottom right side. Is it possible to move the position of this GPS window that opens with right ctrl + m?

The best way to use it is to give it to me, since I still haven't found one. Luck. I don't have it. :P

Enjoy it while you can. Navigation can be a pain sometimes.

One other question, I see guys on youtube videos making a dot on the map where they want to go. What button do I use to do that? I checked the dayzwiki but it doesn't give any info on that..?

If you shift+left click on a location it will set a waypoint on your map and give you an indicator on your HUD. If you shift and double click you can make noted marks on the map.

Edited by fuhckerschite
  • Like 1

One other question, I see guys on youtube videos making a dot on the map where they want to go. What button do I use to do that? I checked the dayzwiki but it doesn't give any info on that..?

careful though, if you set map markers everyone that accesses their map will be able to see it. Best is if you write it down on a piece of paper/notebook. I have coordinates for several camps spread across 5-7 servers written down in my notepad.

Wasn't aware of that. I thought the markers were only viewable on my map. I will make note of that.

left shift + click markers are only viewable by yourself. Double click waypoints are viewable by everyone in the server.

• Like 1