Sign in to follow this  
Boof (DayZ)

Help me continue playing

Cheater woes thread #598837

So I'm pretty much done with the game due to the cheaters. I waste a lot of time in my life, but continuing to play this game while cheating is this rampant... I'm sure even the hardiest WoW addict would have more respect for their own time.

Came here to see what people have done to try and sidestep this problem. I hear mention of private servers a lot. How do you find one, how do you know it's good? How does it even help if admins have so very little power over their own servers?

Anyway, let me hear some stories or advice of hope before I hang up the patrol pack.

inb4 play on <10 pop servers

Nowhere is safe anymore.

Admins have omgwtf power on Private servers. It is a good alternative and possibly how the future of the Mod is going to go.

I have connected to some here and there by accident, I think both dayz launchers can filter for em. Some folks advertise them as well.

Any server running Lingor Island for instance would be private.

Not being connected to the Hive means your Avatar is unique to the private hive only. Worth it if the skiddies are getting to you.

I Feel bad for you because i have only been killed by hackers once... but honestly i wasnt mad and i had a as50 and ghillie m1911 you know the works lol but honestly i would continue playing even constantly getting killed because i know the full game will be out soon and rocket is very focused on exterminating cheaters

Admins have omgwtf power on Private servers. It is a good alternative and possibly how the future of the Mod is going to go.

I have connected to some here and there by accident, I think both dayz launchers can filter for em. Some folks advertise them as well.

Any server running Lingor Island for instance would be private.

Not being connected to the Hive means your Avatar is unique to the private hive only. Worth it if the skiddies are getting to you.

Interesting note about more admin powers on privates, didn't know that. Thanks.

I Feel bad for you because i have only been killed by hackers once... but honestly i wasnt mad and i had a as50 and ghillie m1911 you know the works lol but honestly i would continue playing even constantly getting killed because i know the full game will be out soon and rocket is very focused on exterminating cheaters

It's not so much about being mad, as it is about your time investment of running around and looting and meeting up with people constantly being wiped by cheaters. The game's harsh enough when it comes to that as it is legit!