Thermal (DayZ)

HiFormance.com | 40 SLOTS FOR ONLY $25.00!

No thanks. Just opened 2 weeks ago and already selling servers way below everyone else.?

Do the math

Decent spec dedicated server: (At least) $200

Need to sell 8 servers @ $25 to break even = If you want to make any profit you need to seriously overload each machine to make even a couple dollars. I've rented servers with several companies for arma2 and now dayz and from what I understand a very high spec server can only run 4-5 dayz instances properly. The game takes a great deal of resources, Simple math will tell any prospective buyer what they need to know.

SO Two things happen here.

1. Customer gets a almost unplayable server because other 9 servers are hogging resources.

2. YOU get tired of working 14 hour days to make $0/mo and shut down. Customers are left with no server and no money.

Moral of the story,

Word to the wise. If it's too good to be true it usually is. There's a reason everyone else prices servers at $40+, The first rule of business is only undercut if you have the resources to back it up and judging by your website you clearly don't.

Domain Name: hiformance.com

Registrar: Name.net LLC

Protected Domain Services Customer ID: NNR-4147399

Expiration Date: 2013-08-12 18:28:30

Creation Date: 2012-08-12 18:28:30

Edited by Rogue1

We do not rent our hardware like normal hosts, please do not jump to conclusions. We host four servers on 8 core servers, two cores each - which is plenty. Four is our max on a server unless is has more than eight cores.

Edited by Thermal

Im sorry rogue1, you might have wanted to come up with some evidence rather than speculate and defame!, i have looked around myself and can safely say i could purchase dedicated servers for half the amount you quoted! Yes most servers will only host about 4 game instances per server, this is not so much to hardware issues but bandwidth limitations, if you do you research (as i have!) and get in touch with the data centres directly (as i have) it is possibly to do! As at the moment i am working a deal that will incorporate a 8 core at 3.4, 16 gig ram, 10gps ports up/down!! for about the same price as quoted above, to say it cant happen is irresponsible. But with enough work, patience and communication with certain data centres it is entirely possible to create affordable game hosting without overloading and paying its way, some even sponsor to have there name advertised on the hosting site, there are many ways to get data centre deals you just have to know what you are doing!. Its generally called extensive research!

They probably just want to sell them cheap before the stand alone version comes out? Not a big deal, but how do servers work? Do you have to get them for each game and rent them out, or can you switch your servers over to another game after? As a host of course.

They probably just want to sell them cheap before the stand alone version comes out? Not a big deal, but how do servers work? Do you have to get them for each game and rent them out, or can you switch your servers over to another game after? As a host of course.

I persume it will depend on each host and there deals with the data centres, but from what i understand even when the standalone comes out the mod itself will still continue, yes people can switch and change, and there is software that can allow for accounts to change and fill spots. So no its not a major issue unless you are updating each game instance individually which is a big headache if you are running large number of servers and accounts. But as emphasised, there are software apps the do this in an automated fasion.

I persume it will depend on each host and there deals with the data centres, but from what i understand even when the standalone comes out the mod itself will still continue, yes people can switch and change, and there is software that can allow for accounts to change and fill spots. So no its not a major issue unless you are updating each game instance individually which is a big headache if you are running large number of servers and accounts. But as emphasised, there are software apps the do this in an automated fasion.

Why thank you for the info! =]

I will definitely recommend your service to friends! My brother and I were thinking about starting a server of our own, but we may wait to see how the stand alone version goes. =]

Why thank you for the info! =]

I will definitely recommend your service to friends! My brother and I were thinking about starting a server of our own, but we may wait to see how the stand alone version goes. =]

thanks you. However we have not yet started our services! lol, still finalising data centre deals.( i have no affiliation with Thermal nor Hiformance.com) , was just responding to a post! but thanks anyway :)

We do not rent our hardware like normal hosts, please do not jump to conclusions. We host four servers on 8 core servers, two cores each - which is plenty. Four is our max on a server unless is has more than eight cores.

Im sorry rogue1, you might have wanted to come up with some evidence rather than speculate and defame!, i have looked around myself and can safely say i could purchase dedicated servers for half the amount you quoted! Yes most servers will only host about 4 game instances per server, this is not so much to hardware issues but bandwidth limitations, if you do you research (as i have!) and get in touch with the data centres directly (as i have) it is possibly to do! As at the moment i am working a deal that will incorporate a 8 core at 3.4, 16 gig ram, 10gps ports up/down!! for about the same price as quoted above, to say it cant happen is irresponsible. But with enough work, patience and communication with certain data centres it is entirely possible to create affordable game hosting without overloading and paying its way, some even sponsor to have there name advertised on the hosting site, there are many ways to get data centre deals you just have to know what you are doing!. Its generally called extensive research!

I'd love to see a link to that 8 core beast for $100/mo. Please indulge me because your full of shit

I'd love to see a link to that 8 core beast for $100/mo. Please indulge me because your full of shit

umm, i think not,go and spend the hundreds of hours as i have spent, researching and talking directly to data centres all over the world. Would be bad business sense giving away all my hard earned contacts wouldnt it!? and judging by your immaturity in how you respond to people i dont think you have the age, maturity or IQ to handle such a task in any case! so might as well move on son! and take a chill pill!