Sign in to follow this  
drakenof

FR4 server in private with 12 players on it

Yeah right, we all know what they're doing aren't we ? :-/

:dodgy:

Does it really matter.

These guys have obviously had enough of some of the BS some players pull in larger servers.

They should play a coop or single player game if it is too much for them.

Private servers should be disallowed.

They are just farming shit, then hop servers.

Rustles my jimmies a bit.

They should play a coop or single player game if it is too much for them.

Private servers should be disallowed.

Sorry but what you just said doesn't make any sense.

Rocket chooses which servers are connected to the "master server".

Could just be a bunch of chums testing out the mod.

Nothing will be saved on the master server, and server's connected.

They're just locking it to make sure the server starts properly before opening it. Server's opened up now.

They're just locking it to make sure the server starts properly before opening it. Server's opened up now.

Ah kk thx :)

I got kicked for a shit reason on the EU8 server and now it's locked with 4 players on it.

Anyone who can't see how this would be considered an exploit needs to open their eyes. If the server is locked nothing should be saved, simple as that. If they wanted the entire server to themselves to loot they could easily site "server issues" as a cause for locking and then ransack all of the prime spots for whatever goodies spawned in.

Complete knee-jerk assumption here by some folks.

Server was locked by the Admin (me) for short periods to ensure the server doesn't get spammed as much with players connecting and disconnecting during heavy load last night. (20/30 players all connecting and disconnecting at the same time causes much lagg and red chains). There was certainly no private game.

This post was created during one of the 10-15mins periods it was locked, as last night at one stage only a 6-7 players could connect without getting the "Waiting for server response". Due to this, many players were constantly rejoining the server in the hopes of getting in to play and duly causing lagg for everyone.

If anyone sees FR4 or any server hosted by me that is locked WITHOUT ME ONLINE on the server, please PM me or a member of the DayZ Staff.

Cheers,

Tav

But Tavish,

If we handle these cases civilly how will we ever come to the board crying and making up accusations about admins and groups scheming to get items I don't have?!

I guess some people have really forgotten the days where people used to own their own servers, before peer hosting and publisher server only multiplayer options came about.