Sign in to follow this  
ghostlycoyote@gmail.com

Campfire does or does not help with temperature problem?

Does anyone know for sure if lighting up a campfire makes the red flashing temperature gauge go back to green at some point?

My temperature gauge is flashing red so I made a campfire and sat on top of the fire for a minute or two, and the temperature gauge just went hollow; meaning, instead of red or green inside the temperature gauge outline, the color inside the outline is just gone; as if the fire is not helping at all.

Does anyone know for sure if lighting up a campfire makes the red flashing temperature gauge go back to green at some point?

My temperature gauge is flashing red so I made a campfire and sat on top of the fire for a minute or two, and the temperature gauge just went hollow; meaning, instead of red or green inside the temperature gauge outline, the color inside the outline is just gone; as if the fire is not helping at all.

The campfire should indeed increase your temperature. It goes a bit slow but it should work. Or atleast, it did in the previous patch.

It does rise your temperature, but just like in the hunger games, somebody is bound to notice it, be it zombie or player... And people are quite easy targets when they are sitting around their fire singing kumbaya.

Hydra, thanks for bringing that up!

I know I'm in danger of being noticed by bandits, but does the campfire make zombies aggro if they see it? (unlike the flashlight light which zombies always ignore when I point it at them)

Fairly certain you just need to relog if it goes hollow, maybe sit by it again. I also recommend making a the fire in a building in the middle of nowhere and putting it out as soon as you're not flashing. It's not worth it.

Also, heat packs are not useless.

From the last time I checked (a few patches back) campfires definitely increased your warmth. Try standing just beside it and not on top of it. However this mechanic has alwasy been buggy. I remember when it didnt matter how long you ignored it, nothing would happen. Also there was a time when if it was raining all you had to do was stand up and run and it would never drop. It seems they are attempting to iron this one out.

You can light fires inside building, at least barns and storage houses. I've frequently done this to get my heat back up.

Also I like starting fires at random locations on night servers. Hehe. Hehehehe. Heeee heeee heeee heeeeee!

Edited by kebman

Yeah it doesn't help that I'm miles away from any buildings and lost my heatpack in a random reset-to-the-shoreline game bug, and my character lives up in the wilds away from all the cities and towns, anyhow. I still have the basic gear though, thankfully the game bug didn't wipe my matches, map, compass and other basics.