Sign in to follow this  
arched123

i want a sniper! please help?

been playing this game for about a month now and i still haven't found a sniper once! Are there any places where a sniper has a high chance of spawning? also i really want a ghillie suit to complete the look :P

Note: I don't want a sniper to be a cherno camp douche. I just want one to mess around with :D

That would be nice but i would prefer to pick one up off the floor or something. It's just too easy to run to a tent :P

That would be nice but i would prefer to pick one up off the floor or something. It's just too easy to run to a tent :P

If you want to pick one up then why post here ??

White pickup truck have a CZ550 in the trunk. DMR spawns often in Stary. aswell with other rifles that can be found at heli crashes and NWAF..

if you can't go to army bases alot because of the glitch..... go to deer stands because most people never check them, you can get good items from them.

All the snipers I've ever found we're either the CZ's in a barn or something like that, or the endgame snipers from NWA barracks, Stary tents and crashed helicopters. I saw a really good post on crashed helicopters the other day, if I can find it I'll put a link up for you.

Edited by Erik

If you manage to find someone who is kind enough...don't know about the sniper but you will at least get the ammo...in your head. ;D

• Like 2

All the snipers I've ever found we're either the CZ's in a barn or something like that, or the endgame snipers from NWA barracks, Stary tents and crashed helicopters. I saw a really good post on crashed helicopters the other day, if I can find it I'll put a link up for you.

might have to take a trip to stary then :P

i have found a M24 in a deerstand twice so far.. deerstands are your friends, they not only spawn nice weaponry and ammo, but also beans and soda.. ;)

I finally found a DMR :D I was on my way to the NWAF but the server i was playing on was really laggy so i changed to an empty server. Logged in and luckily it was a full moon. As i got closer, the number of zombies on the server shot up to around 60 which made me a bit nervous (that was the first time i had ever reached NWAF). Searched the hangars, the fire house and the radio tower but found nothing. I decided to switch server (i know... server hopping, bad player blah blah blah), but as soon as i logged in at the radio tower i saw a dead body on the floor. I literally shat myself and went downstairs. I checked under the stairs and to my joy i found a nice little DMR laying on the floor :) I took it, but because i wanted to keep my AKS-74 KOBRA, i decided to drop a few items in my ALICE pack and put it in there. I knew that i weren't going to get out of the airfield alive so i decided to log out (not ALT+F4). So now i'm waiting for the right time to leave that place.

My next goal is to get some NVG's and a ghillie suit seeing as i have hardly played DayZ at night. I want to see how different things are in the towns and stuff :P

Ghillie suits and NVG's will be a bit harder to find, tbh. Best bet are helicopter crash sites as the ghillie suit drop chance is about 2.6% and NVG's at 1.26, I believe. Other than that you can search residential houses en masse in hopes of finding a ghillie (0.26% chance). NVG's are only found at Barracks or heli crash sites, btw.

Good luck! :)

Is it me or when N.V.G.'s spawn, there is little else around the spawn point?

On topic, I have found lots of sniper rifles, In barns, and barracks, and airstrips. are you venturing far?

I would go look either at Balota Airport, and the 4 deer stands, just south east of it. Or else i would go too North East Airport, those 2 places is the safest place too look for military loot, and you can be lucky to find a sniper there also. if you go to North West Airport, you are most likely to die, also in Stary Sobor. In my experience, Stary Sobor and NW Airfield have a lot of bandits.

So to be safe:

Go to balota ( all tho alot of unarmed survivors often come there too pick up a gun before going to Cherno )

Go to NE Airfield ( its very rare i see other people up there.

Weapons you will find:

M4A1's

AK's

DMR (kind of rare)

M24 (kind of rare)

Shotguns

M9 Supressed / Silenced ( Kind of rare )

Glock 17

If you want the normal hunting sniper riffle thingie, go look in barns at farms etc. there you will be able to find a CZ 550, all tho its also kinda rare(ish).

Peace out.

Sniper rifles are easiest to find on sniper hill in electra! They're really fun to get as well as you can practically walk up to any bush, smack it with an axe, and gear just rains out like a pinata.

Or you can take a long walk like you did, but how much fun is that really?

Edited by Tuggo
  • Like 1

Is it me or when N.V.G.'s spawn, there is little else around the spawn point?

On topic, I have found lots of sniper rifles, In barns, and barracks, and airstrips. are you venturing far?

so far i have traveled from zeleno to stary sobor, then from stary to the NWAF. I've been hanging around NWAF for a while to see if anything spawns but the only luck i had was finding a dead guy on the floor with NVG's haha