Vegsoup

Desperately would like to play but can't because of massive lag issues. Help!

Hello, after watching hours of DayZ footage on YouTube I decided to go ahead and buy Arma2 Combined Operations. This game looks perfect for me, wide free roam map, awesome community, and shit loadsa zombies... so I downloaded PlaywithSIX and the DayZ mod right away and jumped in. This is when the problem started, even on the main menu I experience lag and freezes in both audio and video. The lag persists through loading a server/joining a server and ingame.

Now I'm not very tech savvy at all but I've tried a bunch of stuff, none of which has worked. I've lowered all my game settings, reinstalled BattlEye, restarted the computer, reinstalled DayZ, downloaded the BEClient.dll and BEServer.dll and none of this has made much difference.

This game looks truly awesome and after spending £25 I hope I can get this game working properly.

Please help me in anyway you can, maybe I'm missing something obvious, I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for your support. Sorry if this has been posted before or is in the wrong forum section.

Yeah dude same problem I had too. It means that your computer is crappy and you need a new one.

Sorry

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD Athlon II X2 255 Processor

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics

It just seems odd because I know my computer ain't great but i can play other MMOs on full graphics no problem

Onboard Radeon 3000 is the problem.

Change "Video Settings" to low and try again.

If by Video Settings you mean Video Options, then they're all on low

So you need a new graphics card or, better yet, buy a new computer.

I'll experience the lag/glitching problem dependant on the server I choose. Some are excellent (super fast loads with little to no glitching), some are average (decent load, some glitching/lag), and then others are just unbearable. Try a bunch of different servers to see if that helps.

Yeah I'd love to just buy a new computer but that's not possible.

ah okay, I'll try a load of different servers then but I'm not holding out much hope.