Where are the best places for loot

So far the best places I found to loot are

-Elektro

-Cherno

-Balota Deer Stands

-NW Airfield

-Devils Castle

Are there any Im missing?

Yes! One of my favorite places to loot was Stary Sober's military camp. It has pretty good gear drops. I have gotten at least 1 gun from each of the categories (snipers,shotguns, etc) there. But be careful it may not seem like a popular place; however, bandits sure love to hide there and put one in your head when your looting :P

I'm scared of zeds, even though you can basically crouch around them, while being in an open field, midday, and being 10ft away... It's just that my Enfield (LOL) can't take em on without having over 9000 more coming...

And I'm lost.

Guess that depends. I can't access NWAF, Stary, Balota etc because of graphical glitches I can't flush. For me its pretty much anywhere that has barns, supermarkets and deer stands.

EDIT: And don't forget chopper crash sites :)

Edited by sostronk

BECAUSE of graphical glitches you cant flush? Are they extending from your screen down to your keyboard?

Do you have grahical settings set to low or something?

BECAUSE of graphical glitches you cant flush? Are they extending from your screen down to your keyboard?

I set all my settings on low and I never had that glitch again. Although the graphics arent good. The gameplay more than makes up for it

Depends how close I am to a military point, when I get to about 100metres from a military loot point, all I can see is the graphical glitches. Ive tried different graphics settings right through from high to low settings and pretty much anything anyone else has suggested in here.

So far the best places I found to loot are

-Elektro

-Cherno

-Balota Deer Stands

-NW Airfield

-Devils Castle

Are there any Im missing?

Berezino beats both the Southern cities for loot by a frikkin mile. Hospital, two supermarkets, industrial buildings out the ass, tons of barns, military tents, deer stands, player camps in the woods, helicopter crash sites nearby, under-visited vehicle spawns close, NEAF nearby etcetera, etcetera.

Don't tell anyone though. Okay?

And I'm lost.

I'm gonna role play as you...kind of I suck at it.

Jes, I have no idea where I am on the map!! Those stupid zombies would just not stop chasing me. Well there is a town over there....hmmm.. maybe I could go check it out for landmarks to get my bearings. As I approach the edge of the town, I notice a relatively small blue, rectangular sign. It says something in Russian; sadly, my Russian is a bit rusty, so I can't read it. I think to myself, perhaps it is the name of the town? Unfortunately, my map does not have the towns in Russian names. So I bring up Dayzdb.com/map and thankfully it has it on there! I am in some town called Stary Sobor......how did I get here =/. Well I guess I better get heading back to the coast to more familiar ground. But, what if I lose my way on the trip there? I don't want to be constantly looking at maps online. I quickly remember that clouds always move east and with that fact of information, I follow the clouds to the shore.

TLDR: The Russian name of the town you are in will be displayed outside of it, usually next to the road, on a blue rectangular sign. Use dayzdb.com/map to find it where you are. Also clouds will always move east you can follow them to the shore.

Edited by Newschooler

Depends how close I am to a military point, when I get to about 100metres from a military loot point, all I can see is the graphical glitches. Ive tried different graphics settings right through from high to low settings and pretty much anything anyone else has suggested in here.

Shift + numpad minus, then F L U S H usually fixes it. Not always though..

Jes, I have no idea where I am on the map!!

It says where you are when you log in ;)

It says where you are when you log in ;)

Judging by his post he seemed like a new player. From personal experience when I was completely new, I had no idea that the name of the town I was in was displayed briefly when I logged in. Nonetheless, it was an excuse to try and role play.

Judging by his post he seemed like a new player. From personal experience when I was completely new, I had no idea that the name of the town I was in was displayed briefly when I logged in. Nonetheless, it was an excuse to try and role play.

Yes, because looking it up on DayZDB map is really hard [/sarcasm]

I'm just trying to help him >.<

*facepalm*

Yes, so am I.

When you log on, see what it says in the... bottom right corner? Then go to dayzDB map, and find it. (Face it, you know how the surrounding are looks like, should be easy to find on map)