Sign in to follow this  
plosky1

Seattle 22 Admin Abuse

So, I was recently on Seattle 22, and the Admin (not sure who it is), kicked me and then banned me for swearing. This is admin abuse, because according to the rules you cannot kick for language. You CAN kick for malicious language and racial language, but not for swearing by itself.

"BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

If you have any questions, then please post in this thread, or email me; dayzmatt@gmail.com"

But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like. Please either ban this admin, or ban the server. Thanks.

Zzzzzz.

Waiting for the truth, perhaps. There are always two sides to the story. There are so many servers. Move on?

I am the admin of the server seattle22

I you're warned to watch your language, you a reply with insults and flood. I kicked you, You came back again to insult and flood. I will then temporarily banned for that players can play without seeing the side channel flooded by insult.

Sorry for my bad English.

I think you are confusing "language" i.e french, german, english etc - with your swearing/probably annoying behaviour.

I've kicked many people for excessive swearing, I don't usually ban though as I'm relatively apathetic when it comes to swearing. Other admins may not be however.

"But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like."

That about sums it up. I'd toss in my two pennies and say everyone makes mistakes, and remind the administrator of the serving terms. I was raiding the NW airfield on this server when it went down, though. The admins' words were 'Rocket isn't paying for the server, so these are the rules when you play here'. Which is a clear disregard for the terms that the administrator agreed to.

edit: you guys are really going to make him spell it all out exactly? The phrase is in terms of negativity.

"But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like."

That about sums it up. I'd toss in my two pennies and say everyone makes mistakes' date=' and remind the administrator of the serving terms. I was raiding the NW airfield on this server when it went down, though. The admins' words were 'Rocket isn't paying for the server, so these are the rules when you play here'. Which is a clear disregard for the terms that the administrator agreed to.

edit: you guys are really going to make him spell it all out exactly? The phrase is in terms of negativity.

[/quote']

The language mentioned in that piece is in regards to the language being spoken, which stemmed from people kicking Russian speaking players.

We're allowed to kick people who swear excessively. You do not have the right to spam global chat with obscenities.

''words were 'Rocket isn't paying for the server, so these are the rules when you play here''

I never said that.

A one player said, Rocket paid for this server !!!

I responded rocket not paid for this server is me, i never talk about respect my personal rules. This is not the topic anyway.

I only kicked a player who has responded to a warning with insults 'fuck you and other provocation/injure' and i just banned for continued after two warning.