Sign in to follow this  
fishdude333

Low FPS on a high-ish end PC?

My specs:

CPU=AMD PHENOM II X4 B.E. 3.4ghz (quad core)

GPU=GTX 570

OS=WINDOWS 7 PRO, 64 BIT

USING:

dayz commander

Ramdisk for @dayz folder

30mbs D/L internet, with 5 mbs upload

Low settings give me 30 fps near a city... regardless of server or player count.

ANY help would be great, just type away!

(uness your on your iphone, i hate tapping that ***)

Edited by Crysis_on_a_Pentium

could be your processor, AMD isnt that great. i heard low settings use more cpu so you may want to try some settings on high?

also turn anti aliasing off post processing off and vsync off, video memory to default these settings gave me a big boost in fps.

could be your processor, AMD isnt that great. i heard low settings use more cpu so you may want to try some settings on high?

also turn anti aliasing off post processing off and vsync off, video memory to default these settings gave me a big boost in fps.

tried, oh and i have 8 GIGS Of RAM.

ANY Other ideas?

tried, oh and i have 8 GIGS Of RAM.

ANY Other ideas?

is your 3d resolution set to your screen resolution? you could try lowing that a little bit

(make sure its 3d res not just resolution) might look a tad blurry

is your 3d resolution set to your screen resolution? you could try lowing that a little bit

(make sure its 3d res not just resolution) might look a tad blurry

yep, lowering does nothing.

My specs:

CPU=AMD PHENOM II X4 B.E. 3.4ghz (quad core)

GPU=GTX 570

OS=WINDOWS 7 PRO, 64 BIT

USING:

dayz commander

Ramdisk for @dayz folder

30mbs D/L internet, with 5 mbs upload

Low settings give me 30 fps near a city... regardless of server or player count.

ANY help would be great, just type away!

(uness your on your iphone, i hate tapping that ***)

I found your problem, your avatar has conflicting hardware issues with your pc.

• Like 1

how? :3

install the latest beta via exe

put the @dayz folder in the arma2 OA main directory make sure its called @dayz

put in your launch options -mod=@dayz (if you have retail arma 2 put it at the end of the target line)

ive never launched using any launcher before im not sure if it messes anything up

Edited by BobDole

Yeah its the same here... Just built a new PC which runs every new game beautifully.. however this game lol it feels like I'm playing a game from 2002 on a pent2 400mhz comp.

any ideas, I have a guy with a broken leg i want to traumatize, but i want to see it in clear 60fps.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, was not meant.

To the OP: i dont think ur comp is to weak, mine is a lot weaker ( AMD Dual Core 2,6 GHz, 4Gig Ram, and my GPU is quite crap too ) but nonetheless it runs Arma / Dayz smoothly on low / medium settings, ppl on this board told me "ur CPU is too weak, u need an upgrade, buy a new Graphics Card" etc, dont listen to them i tweaked my pc with some 3rd party programms and launch settings for Dayz and made it run perfectly.

I think ur fps problem is due to the servers, i sometimes get on a server that gives me 6fps, i change the server and it runs fine. Its unpredictable issues because Dayz is in development imho.

• Like 1

To the OP: i dont think ur comp is to weak, mine is a lot weaker ( AMD Dual Core 2,6 GHz, 4Gig Ram, and my GPU is quite crap too ) but nonetheless it runs Arma / Dayz smoothly on low / medium settings, ppl on this board told me "ur CPU is too weak, u need an upgrade, buy a new Graphics Card" etc, dont listen to them i tweaked my pc with some 3rd party programms and launch settings for Dayz and made it run perfectly.

I think ur fps problem is due to the servers, i sometimes get on a server that gives me 6fps, i change the server and it runs fine. Its unpredictable issues because Dayz is in development imho.

what did u use? :3

what did u use? :3

try a program called gamebooster 3 it shuts off alot of windows shit that doesnt need to be running.

try a program called gamebooster 3 it shuts off alot of windows shit that doesnt need to be running.

TRIED that... -_-

c'mon, a lot of other people are having issues

add this parameters

-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4 -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1280

dont change the numbers.

maxmem have 2047mb maximum hard coded and your gpu have 1280mb maximum vram