Sign in to follow this  
twd28888

PLEASEfor the love of god help me launch this goddamm game???

I have spent lots of time and money getting my PC upgraded to play this game, i cant join servers, there is no way i am banned as i am yet to play the game even once. before you try and help me, please note

I CANT launch game via steam as admin ( dont know why )

I have a retail copy of ARMA 2 and a steam copy of OA

I have already got DAYZ COMMANDER and its not helping

This is actually starting to upset me as i have spent most of my free time since wednesday trying to get this game up and running, i really feel like smashing my Comp up at times out of frustration, i think i may have to wait a while until it is ported to the cosoles....

I have spent lots of time and money getting my PC upgraded to play this game, i cant join servers, there is no way i am banned as i am yet to play the game even once. before you try and help me, please note

I CANT launch game via steam as admin ( dont know why )

I have a retail copy of ARMA 2 and a steam copy of OA

I have already got DAYZ COMMANDER and its not helping

This is actually starting to upset me as i have spent most of my free time since wednesday trying to get this game up and running, i really feel like smashing my Comp up at times out of frustration, i think i may have to wait a while until it is ported to the cosoles....

If you can't run steam as admin then you don't have the privliages for it. Logon as admin and launch steam as admin.

Also this: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/windows_security_runas.mspx?mfr=true

i CANT run it as admin, or at least i dont know how? i right click on my steam icon, click on Run as, use my password and it just says " Data file too short " and then lots of technical stuff like " wqwr243621r/928ugedeywqdhhdbh/04950jkfeh.....?

Dayz commander? well, the only " game " game i have got into so far i was playing as a BIRD!!! other times it either says " you were kicked from the server " and when i try and host a new session it just gives me a view of a farmyard and i cant even move around. before it launches it says i need " CAsigns2, and most of the time i get a " no entry house scope vehicle " message =[ soooo frustrating

it just says " data file too short " when i try and lauch OP in steam =[ and it dont let me

I was having horrendous issues with gettin my game up and running. As soon as I fixed one problem another would arise. The only method I could suggest is the one that I used. I'll try and post a link to it here. In-short it's just, delete all files associated with Arma 2, Amra OA and DayZ, reinstall Arma 2 and Arma OA, run Arma 2, run Arma OA, install your preferred software (PlaywithSix, or DayZ Commander), install DayZ and Beta Patch, and play.... Hopefully.... I'm not saying it will fix any of your issues, but it can't hurt. Just reinstall before you go to bed and in the morning it will be done. Good Luck!

Here's a more lengthy version of what I suggested:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/76003-please-help-i-cant-start-playing/#entry721110

I hope it helps!

P.S. After you've done a fresh install. Go into Steam and back-up both games before you install PlayWithSix or DayZ Commander. That way if it doesn't work you can revert the games back to fresh installs and start again.