Sign in to follow this  
FUCK_OFF_HACKERS

Unplayable

Firstly i would like to appologise for my user name. It may cause offence to some people yet it voices the views of the majority. Any muting due to the nature of my name will show where the forums loyalties truely lie.

Secondly, as the title of the thread says, unplayable. This game is riddled by hackers who get their kicks out of being harsh children who have fun wasting hundreds of peoples time and money. If I knew DayZ was this internally flawed I would have steered clear. It is sad to see good YouTube streamers such as Oshi7 and Dasquirrelsnuts hang up their hats due to these kids, and like many people have said, before to long the game will become less and less popular.

I understand the game is in Alpha, but sorting out these lowlives is your priority. Dont just ban accounts, do IP address bans too.

When first playing the game, one thing struck me...the realism. Yet how the hell is being dropped 30-40ft by a hacker realistic. SORT IT OUT.

I for one will NOT be playing this game again in the immediate future and will question purchasing the standalone.

Happy to be leaving...I will play again. But only when all players play for the same goal. To survive a Zombie epidemic...not hack the living daylights out of every player and ruin all hard work like the ****s they are.

If a game exists; it will be hacked. Everyone hates it, but the moaning and bitching about it when it's been discussed that this is a BE issue, not a DayZ issue will do no good. If anything; some punk ass hacker will probably read this and laugh giddily knowing that he's gotten so deep under your skin.

I understand all games have hacks...but how many games have you played where an entire map of people can be teleported to one place and killed and all their possisions on that game lost?

I understand all games have hacks...but how many games have you played where an entire map of people can be teleported to one place and killed and all their possisions on that game lost?

That exact thing? Not many. Mass hacks where the entire server/room gets fucked over? Plenty.

That's because there is very little that can be done about it at this point. Pretty much the entire idea of a hacker is someone who works around the system instead of going through it. For now, the best thing to do when you encounter a hacker is just change servers. Don't rage, don't hunt them. Don't give them the rush and gratification they desire. They want a reaction. Don't give them one. You lost your gear? Well, time to find new gear. Just keep pluggin' on.

Hackers will always be a problem. There is never a cure all to hackers. But this mod has a seemingly good detour-ant where you are banned from the entire mod. If you get banned you must spend more money on another copy of the game.

No matter what anti hack methods are put in place the next day they will be bypassed. Hacking games is a lucrative business as people will pay to cheat. it also acts as a challenge to some to try and hack a game (creating the hacks, not using a pre-made script)

Of course I too loathe hackers however they should be viewed as just another challenge to this game where your life can end in an instance. No need to get your panties in a bunch just deal with it and move on.

FYI The standalone will have the exact same issues with hackers, only difference is the dev team will be able to apply patches to better protect and ban the hackers along side battle eye

Just seems there is very little enforcement of anti hacking in the community

Because a large number of the admins are participating in it.

DayZ has more bad admins that I've seen in Battlefield 1942, 2, Vietnam and 2142 combined and it's only a few months old.

This game is riddled by hackers who get their kicks out of being harsh children who have fun wasting hundreds of peoples time and money.

Wait... at what point did any of us pay for DayZ??? please please please stop bleeting about a subject we ALL know about but cannot physically do anything about.... honestly it's like listening to Britney Spears stuck on loop, annoying to begin with.. and after the 100th loop you just want to punch the first breathing thing you meet!

I'm playing in a private hive right now. The admin there has automatic script injection kick enabled that was handed to admins from BattleEye. Any hackers get kicked and banned from the server. He takes the logs of anyone found hacking and sends them to Battle Eye to get the player banned. Any hack that causes problems to other players he reverts the server back to before the hacker started causeing grief. Hackers can be dealt with by admins. BattleEye is doing what they can and they are getting alot of players. But its up to the server admins to help with this. If you want a clean game the admins need to start doing their job. Otherwise this will probably continue right up to standalone.

Edited by sostronk
  • Like 1

The ARMA engine is script friendly ment for legit play. That is why it is full of holes when trying to play Dayz. They are doing what they can, but they are limited on what can be done.

Ok, none of us have actually paid any money for DayZ...but time is money, that is what I meant.

I liek dis logic.

Ok, none of us have actually paid any money for DayZ...but time is money, that is what I meant.

If we were forced to play then I could agree to this, but as it is at our own whim we play, nope, sorry.

I do not get paid by an author to read their books for example. Nor do I get paid to watch tv, simple as that.

I disagree. I think the game is playable, despite hackers. I've been hacked two or three times. I don't know about you, but that's too little to bother me.

I can't even remember the last time I was in a server that wasn't hacked to hell and back.

Wait... at what point did any of us pay for DayZ??? please please please stop bleeting about a subject we ALL know about but cannot physically do anything about.... honestly it's like listening to Britney Spears stuck on loop, annoying to begin with.. and after the 100th loop you just want to punch the first breathing thing you meet!

At what point did we pay for DayZ? Go and pose this question at BI's bank manager! Jeez man i even bought both DLC packs just for the upgraded player textures! Don't be so blind, it's the only reason ARMA is at the top of the best selling list on Steam......

Game has too much to offer to just simply not play cos of a hacker, i mean there is so much diversity, no two days are ever the same, people are getting bored ands complaining because they aint used to this kind of structure in a game!

ive been killed by a few times by a hacker, but i find it kinda refreshing having the challenge of the coast in front of me... it's what keeps me turning this game on and keeping me hyped... i don't think my senses have been this sharp since my military days!

You're problem with the current state of the mod is "hackers". These "hackers" will be mostly gone in the stand-alone because Rocket can actualy do something about them. You'll be back!

Edited by Erik

At what point did we pay for DayZ? Go and pose this question at BI's bank manager! Jeez man i even bought both DLC packs just for the upgraded player textures! Don't be so blind, it's the only reason ARMA is at the top of the best selling list on Steam......

You still never paid for DayZ though... your own call to buy the DLC packs.. Rocket never asked you to, infact the DayZ Dev team makes no money what so ever from the profits ARMA makes. you paid for a game that you will never play, like the rest of us. however you play the add on mod you downloaded for free.....