farren.5@osu.edu

Spawning in after logging out

Hello all,

I'll keep it brief. Suggestion:

---

"When logging back in, you discover that your character has had the prescence of mind to move to a "safe" location - somewhere they could abide while you go out and do the things in real life that must be done (so that you can get back to playing the game, of course!). Part of the purpose behind this suggestion is (1) the server-hopping problem to flank other players who are holed up in a building, etc., and part of it is because of (2) the sheer vulnerablity you have when you in.

Essentially, certain (many) buildings/areas on the map would be desginated as spawn-in points. When you logged in, the game would look at your log out location, selected from a range of nearby log-in locations that met various criteria (ie: closest spawn-in, no players already in building/area of forest, no players/zombies within 100m, etc.), and log you in at the one that passed the most criteria."

---

Personally, I hate when exchanging fire with another player with the knowledge that they can log out, server hop, get inside the building I'm in and log in behind me while I'm still scanning the area where they had been - it's absurd and unrealistic.

I also had an experience once where upon log-in I saw the message "Cornerstone has been killed" and my screen cleared up to show another survivor standing in front of me holding a smoking pistol. Not cool. (I can understand WHY it happened, but we should find a way where it doesn't have to happen)

Thanks for your time. I appreciate comments that could refine the idea.

-Cornerstone

• Like 1