Cnektpp

DayZ Suggestions *MUST READ* *SERIOUSLY* STANDALONE GAME*

[topic CLOSED]

Edited by Cnektpp
  • Like 1

I like the private sever idea. Just a private hive and everything you get only stays on that server and doesn't transfer to others.

I imagine there should be enough deer stands (small watch towers) around the map to provide people with various military weaponry. And then you have the helicopter crash sites all over the place.

I imagine there should be enough deer stands (small watch towers) around the map to provide people with various military weaponry. And then you have the helicopter crash sites all over the place.

How are you supposed to go to a deer stand when you have no weapons to take on zombies. Also deer stands dont spawn food or guarantee weapons.

I like the private sever idea. Just a private hive and everything you get only stays on that server and doesn't transfer to others.

But it would be unfair for users to go in a private server then transfer to a public with heaps of gear.

You know, u do not need to kill zombies to loot a deer stand? You can just sneak past them.

[edit]: Bevore i forgett it: surviving is supposed to be hard!

Edited by Noobishtactic

You know, u do not need to kill zombies to loot a deer stand? You can just sneak past them.

Thats not really the point.

If you want a chance to loot stuff, join a server with noone/barely anyone playing.

always try to but there is never a good empty server and people usually camp server.

This is what make the game awesome, its hard to get a gun, and you can die anytime,anywhere, so you have to think before doing something stupid, because just one little error, like running in a road instead of walking, can kill you really quick, and the lack of guns make the game good to, because players need go search, isnt something like "Here your Gun, Go there and kill everyone" so not everyone can make a "run for it" because they can get shoot and loose all their loot, or get killed by zeds, they need think what they need to do first, and on my opininions its what make this mod really cool :3

How are you supposed to go to a deer stand when you have no weapons to take on zombies. Also deer stands dont spawn food or guarantee weapons.

You don't even need a weapon to "take on" zombies, they are extremely easy to lose with the new line of sight mechanic. How about you just spend a couple of weeks playing the game instead of jumping in here right off the bat and proclaiming that it needs to be dumbed down to just to suit your impatience. it's not a difficult game by a long shot, it just has a rather steep learning curve, after that it gets stupidly easy...

Hacking is indeed out of control, as to your other points I'm not exactly sure how you're playing the game but it is nowhere near as hard as you are making out.

Perhaps you need to rethink how you are approaching the game, and the style of play that you use. As already mentioned you don't actually have to kill the zombies near a deer stand in order to get the loot, observation and a small amount of stealth will get u there nine times out of ten. The same goes for finding loot, don't go straight for electro or cherno and expect to nip in and out with bags of loot, head for the less visited areas, be caerful. Check some online loot maps for places that have the things you require.

As far as taking on people with more toys than you, theres plenty of videos of people with shitty gear taking out well geared players- even several at a time. Stealth again plays a large part in this.

I'ts quite easy to hit a few barns and walk away with a gun and a few supplies within 20 minutes or so of spawning.

Please don't take this as criticism, just a bit of advice.

Good Luck!

This is what make the game awesome, its hard to get a gun, and you can die anytime,anywhere, so you have to think before doing something stupid, because just one little error, like running in a road instead of walking, can kill you really quick, and the lack of guns make the game good to, because players need go search, isnt something like "Here your Gun, Go there and kill everyone" so not everyone can make a "run for it" because they can get shoot and loose all their loot, or get killed by zeds, they need think what they need to do first, and on my opininions its what make this mod really cool :3

The loot needs to respawn more often because people camp cities even if you are going in to get a can of drink

Avoid the zombies until you have gear...it's not that tough.

This game IS NOT designed for noobs who like everything handed to them...Rocket himself has said this many times.

It's what I enjoy about DayZ. it's unforgiving and challenging which is why I enjoy ArmA...same principles.

*Loading times are mostly your PC, as my loading times are quick (maybe a minute), and on a friends computer with an SSD drive it's instant (a few seconds).

*You can't have a private server it's against the rules...again...man up and find gear rather than complaining.

If you don't like the mod aside from it's bugs/glitches then don't play it!

Edited by Ash712

*MUST READ* *SERIOUSLY* STANDALONE GAME*

Sorry, what was the point of this thread ? You have been playing for a week. It takes about a month to know the map to know where everything is. Add another month untill you can kill that guy with the as50 with an makarov or a hatchet. Here's a wild idea. Dont rush around like sonic the hedgehog. Use cover, keep your head down, and use your surroundings to your advantage. Also do not use bullshit like the above captions to draw attention to your post. Do so again and i will take appropriate action.

• Like 2

Hacking is indeed out of control, as to your other points I'm not exactly sure how you're playing the game but it is nowhere near as hard as you are making out.

Perhaps you need to rethink how you are approaching the game, and the style of play that you use. As already mentioned you don't actually have to kill the zombies near a deer stand in order to get the loot, observation and a small amount of stealth will get u there nine times out of ten. The same goes for finding loot, don't go straight for electro or cherno and expect to nip in and out with bags of loot, head for the less visited areas, be caerful. Check some online loot maps for places that have the things you require.

As far as taking on people with more toys than you, theres plenty of videos of people with shitty gear taking out well geared players- even several at a time. Stealth again plays a large part in this.

I'ts quite easy to hit a few barns and walk away with a gun and a few supplies within 20 minutes or so of spawning.

Please don't take this as criticism, just a bit of advice.

Good Luck!

All I expect is to find is heaps of loot such as cans of food and drink or nothing at all then on my way out I get shot on sight.

- People are missing the point. The fact that other players can camp and hoard all the weapons and supplies is so unfair because new players have no chance and hackers can just spawn behind after hours of looting. Two friends and I spent hours building up hours our characters just to be ambushed by a hacker which we then pumped round after round into him with little or no affect with military grade weapons. Is this the point of the game?

The game itself really isnt the problem its the other players. If I could have a private server all would be good.

*MUST READ* *SERIOUSLY* STANDALONE GAME*

Sorry, what was the point of this thread ? You have been playing for a week. It takes about a month to know the map to know where everything is. Add another month untill you can kill that guy with the as50 with an makarov or a hatchet. Here's a wild idea. Dont rush around like sonic the hedgehog. Use cover, keep your head down, and use your surroundings to your advantage. Also do not use bullshit like the above captions to draw attention to your post. Do so again and i will take appropriate action.

Are you kidding me or what, I go as stealthy as possible and there are maps on the internet and in game I know where I am.

- Another point there is really nothing wrong with the game its just the other players that make it that way.

You cant really loot cities without leaving and being shot on your way out.

1. Play Dayz for another 2 weeks.

2. Read more forum posts.

3. Come back and realize how much you cried.

3 steps and you will see just how useless this post is.

(There is a New Player Discussion forum btw)

The game itself really isnt the problem its the other players. If I could have a private server all would be good.

So that's really the point of all the soap box ranting? That you want private servers?

- I'm going to stop posting because most of you are f***ing dumb c***s and miss all the points. The game is completely fine it's just the other f***ing a****** players that make the game this way.

You cant really loot cities without leaving and being shot on your way out.

This is why no one goes to cherno or electro unless they want pvp. I think you missed the point so I will say it again: Go Somewhere Else.

Try Berezino, Polana, Zelenogorsk, Pustoshka, Vybor. Avoid places like cherno, electro, both the Sobors, both airfields.

Gear up, dont rush it take your time and be careful. Then when you feel more confident you can raid the more high-risk areas, but don't do so in crowded servers.

Planning And Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Performance! (as a friend of mine used to love saying).

- I'm going to stop posting because most of you are f***ing dumb c***s and miss all the points. The game is completely fine it's just the other f***ing a****** players that make the game this way.

See the problem is that your expectations of the game do not match up with what the game actually is. So you insist that the game must be changed to meet those expectations. Could it be that DayZ is fine and you are just playing the wrong game? It seems possible....