Dreaaddy

Steam Overlay Renders Keyboard virtually Useless

Hi people!

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but got the steam overlay working with DayZ (obtained ArmA 2: Free > ArmA 2: OA > DayZ)

Having a problem with the overlay now. When i switch to it, after switching back to game, the keyboard no longer works in game, although i can still switch back to the overlay and back in to game!

The only way to get the keyboard working in game is to tab out and back in again. However the mouse seems unaffected by this issue, Just the keyboard.

Like i said, dont know if this is the appropriate forum for this issue as its Steams Overlay. However the issue involves this game so i figured someone else may have had the same problem also...

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

I've already got the same issue, as if the TAB key was constantly pressed after using the SHIFT+TAB combo. Try changing that key combination with another that doesn't use the TAB key.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried that. It was my 1st port of call. But still same issue. Changed it from default to ] key and still the same damn issue :/

No one else having this issue or had it and have solved their qualms?

I know that holding down a key, like W, and then doing the Shift+Tab combo twice to open and close the steam overlay while still holding W allows you to eventually tell the game that the key is still pressed without needing to actually hold it.

I hope I'm clear enough, and I think that maybe the menu bug is related to this "exploit".

I got this same problem, I ain't played in a week or so, and I come on now and overlay just freezes my character :(