Sign in to follow this  
jTw1n

Remove "clipping" damage from the game

I am pretty sure the major issue with clipping has to do with arma's engine being very particular about guns and people running into walls.It is because of this I think one of the major issues facing the game is the fact that touching your body into a wall, any models ingame or even another player can cause catastrophic broken bones, loss of consciousness or even death. There has to be a way to turn this damage off, the terrain has been by far the most deadly part of this game thus far. Is it just as dangerous to touch things in arma 2 milsim or is this a new issue introduced with the mod?

I'm sure its not a very simple fix or they would have it working properly but I would rather see them remove fall damage and other world vs player damage for the time being than have to deal with any more random tree branches or doorways snapping my legs. I don't understand how this type of damage can be such a random issue if it also isn't a similar issue in Arma 2 as a whole. Its the same physics, models and map. Maybe it has to do with some coding for the "custom" health system they use in dayz.