Sign in to follow this  
brian@photographybydavidson.com

Standalone FPSMMO?

The War Z will be a zombie mmo. Basically a rip off of Day Z but with RPG elements. While an RPG element would be interesting, it would definitely ruin single player experience, vital to the environment of Chernarus.

War Z will be a MMORPG set in zombie universe.

But I don't think Rocket will go and turn DayZ into a RPG.

And yes, DayZ is already a FPSMMO

Having 50 people on a server is not a MMO. Having 200 people on a server is not a mmo. In my book, 500-1000+ on a server is a mmo.

The War Z will be a zombie mmo. Basically a rip off of Day Z but with RPG elements. While an RPG element would be interesting, it would definitely ruin single player experience, vital to the environment of Chernarus.

How can The War Z be a rip-off when they started development before DayZ emerged?

Having 50 people on a server is not a MMO. Having 200 people on a server is not a mmo. In my book, 500-1000+ on a server is a mmo.

My thoughts exactly. I used to play All Points Bulletin (and after it went down and resurrected as APB: Reloaded) and they had 50-80 players per instance. The original APB team never referred to it as an MMO, because of that fact. They simply referred to it as a persistent game. That is - your character persists across instances. (And in DayZ's reference, across servers.)