tsmhicks

Dallas 41 Shutting down and locking

Just letting server team know that when the admin Extsy is killed in his own server he shuts it down and then locks it so he can get all his gear again. He has a huge camp at Cords: 076 011 with 7 cars and plently of tents. We raided his area killed him, started looting his place, 3min later he makes his server time out, restarts it, then proceeds to lock it.

Here is video for proof.

The server has set an insanely low ping limit, I tried to join and had a constant ping of 110-140 and get kicked out of it constantly, its a shame....it was fine a few days ago.

To be honest. His corpse is gone after the restart so getting his stuff back cant be the reason for this in fact they despawn upon server restart. I watched your video and cant see anything fishy. You got kicked by BattlEye for high ping and when reconnecting your client failed to load the Data. I see many ppl in the lobby while you wait to connect and when you leave to the server browser at 2:50 , so the lock may be forced by BEC's flood control. The video shows no restart of the server at all, so is no proof for your accusation.

To be honest. His corpse is gone after the restart so getting his stuff back cant be the reason for this in fact they despawn upon server restart. I watched your video and cant see anything fishy. You got kicked by BattlEye for high ping and when reconnecting your client failed to load the Data. I see many ppl in the lobby while you wait to connect and when you leave to the server browser at 2:50 ' date=' so the lock may be forced by BEC's flood control. The video shows no restart of the server at all, so is no proof for your accusation.

[/quote']

I have to agree with MrSherenai. Your video shows him dying and then cuts to when you get kicked by Battleye. That doesn't prove he shuts the server down and locks it so he can retrieve his body. Not to mention, as MrSherenai pointed out, the body would disappear from a restart, so that would be the last thing you would do if you were going to game the system.

It actually looks like the server runs into an issue when you log in as half the server gets dumped to lobby and some disconnect.

The ping limit is quite bad though if you lock green pings from joining in... Will see what we do with it.

Dallas 41 is one of my favorite servers to play on. i did see it locked yesterday with no one in it. didnt think much of it, and joined Dallas 42 instead. Now i know what happened.

To be honest. His corpse is gone after the restart so getting his stuff back cant be the reason for this in fact they despawn upon server restart. I watched your video and cant see anything fishy. You got kicked by BattlEye for high ping and when reconnecting your client failed to load the Data. I see many ppl in the lobby while you wait to connect and when you leave to the server browser at 2:50 ' date=' so the lock may be forced by BEC's flood control. The video shows no restart of the server at all, so is no proof for your accusation.

[/quote']

No, when he died he timeout his server by either manually shutting it down or hard shutdown and set ping limits to low pings so everyone in the server got kicked from battleye. I had a constant 32ms ping and was kicked for "too-high" ping same with 3 other buddies in there that got kicked for high ping when majority of the players in the server had under 100ms pings. when i got kicked the rest were shown with a message "server timeout sec"

As soon as i refreshed server it was locked and no1 was in it. then a few moments later a guy named "ZarX" was in server by himself probably reduing his camp that we just raided. Assuming ZarX was Extcy or they are affiliated. Just lame and needs to be dealt with :D

This whole post seemed absolutely fishy to me so I looked at both sides and hope im not crashing any parades but I asked myself... Why did you not show you killing him? (kinda vital) Xtsy and Zarx are on the same server when this all goes down so they can not be the same person but maybe affiliated? When you try to reconnect your ping is 128, what happened to that awesome ping? Idk if anyone realized these things but I hope that I may have helped out with this problem. I will repost if I notice any other items missing.

[/quote']

No, when he died he timeout his server by either manually shutting it down or hard shutdown and set ping limits to low pings so everyone in the server got kicked from battleye. I had a constant 32ms ping and was kicked for "too-high" ping same with 3 other buddies in there that got kicked for high ping when majority of the players in the server had under 100ms pings. when i got kicked the rest were shown with a message "server timeout sec"

As soon as i refreshed server it was locked and no1 was in it. then a few moments later a guy named "ZarX" was in server by himself probably reduing his camp that we just raided. Assuming ZarX was Extcy or they are affiliated. Just lame and needs to be dealt with :D

Yes I was on my server with it locked because generally, I have to restart several times to get the database to load on the server. Its a known issue. I was actually just running around from random town to random town to simply make sure things were spawning buddy. Also there was no issue with desyncs/lag until you joined the server and it all went to hell. When I am on and around, I am always looking at peoples desync numbers and ping. Plain and simple you had 100k Desync as soon as you guys joined. Also you fail to mention I left the server LOCKED ALL DAMN DAY so no one could play there while all the desyncing was super bad. So I don't know what to tell you man. People were taking advantage of the desyncs and I thought it was unfair gameplay for the entire server. I was down near the main cities and I was watching people "warp" all over the place. How exactly does this promote a healthy and fair server? It doesn't plain and simple.

[/quote']

Yes I was on my server with it locked because generally, I have to restart several times to get the database to load on the server. Its a known issue. I was actually just running around from random town to random town to simply make sure things were spawning buddy. Also there was no issue with desyncs/lag until you joined the server and it all went to hell. When I am on and around, I am always looking at peoples desync numbers and ping. Plain and simple you had 100k Desync as soon as you guys joined. Also you fail to mention I left the server LOCKED ALL DAMN DAY so no one could play there while all the desyncing was super bad. So I don't know what to tell you man. People were taking advantage of the desyncs and I thought it was unfair gameplay for the entire server. I was down near the main cities and I was watching people "warp" all over the place. How exactly does this promote a healthy and fair server? It doesn't plain and simple.

I forgot to add that with the database issue... Do you want vehicles and tents on the map or would you rather them not appear ever? Until the DB is loaded there are no vehicles or tents, hell like I said I've seen things not even spawn.

I'm pleased to see some people who support this fair server and I'm also pleased to see some familiar names. The ping enforcement was also in response to the massive desync issues we've been facing lately. We tried our best to ensure that high ping players weren't entering the server and causing excessive latency issues. Due to the fact that ARMA2's dated network architecture is already strained to the limit with DayZ we try and ensure only those with stable connections and up to date beta patches are able to enter the server to give you a stable and enjoyable experience.

I was there when the server got locked and zark was warning people about desync. The server was really bad where warping,red chains and yellow chains were out of control. When the server got reset and lockdown it was lockdown for 15-24 hours and i kept trying to join but always saw the server empty. Im not taking sides but just giving input on what i saw also i lost a cyote backpack because of the reset because i was spawned at the coast and couldnt retrieve it in time :(

Just wanted to point out how it was an "Admin Kick" not a server kick. Therefore, the admin kicked and just put the reason of ping too high.

@Kiotie: Rcon bans/kicks, and that what kickes you when your ping is too high, look exactly like that.

HA the only reason they decided is that me and 5 of my buddies found their camp and stole all their shit and waited for them to come back and we lit their ass up with m203 nades HAHAHAHAHA

Just letting server team know that when the admin Extsy is killed in his own server he shuts it down and then locks it so he can get all his gear again. He has a huge camp at Cords: 076 011 with 7 cars and plently of tents. We raided his area killed him' date=' started looting his place, 3min later he makes his server time out, restarts it, then proceeds to lock it.

Here is video for proof.

[/quote']

You had a ping of 31, yeah no way any admin can justify kicking a player with a ping of 31, someone should look into this.