Sign in to follow this  
eventeams

Rain refills

I think it should be possible to refill water bottles when it rains. You shouldn't suffer from lack of water in a rainstorm.

I agree with this, but i also think it would have to have a good amount of time to refill it as waiting for rain really would take a bit.

It would take a damn long time for the bottle to be filled. Think about the neck of the bottle and how thin it is... You'd be looking at days for it to fill up.

Sensible rain water collection would probably require the addition of some kind of plastic tarp item, which the player could use to set up a rain catcher. Though considering how common cans of pop are along with ponds & water pumps for canteens I can't imagine something like that being very useful.

^

If there were some added parts to build a rain catcher it would be useful. I don't know the first thing about coding such a thing, like how it would know when/if it rained while you were logged out and all that jazz.

Though it would be useful for people that have camps setup. That way it would eliminate the need to go into town every couple of days for coke. I prefer staying out in the wild and hunting for food also.

It would make the potential for player controlled outposts more feasible. Building old west style towns, trying to build a civilized society again. In a role play sense of course.

Good idea, dut. In a rainstorm even the most worthless little town infested with zombies could be useful. You could avoid big population centers and minimize exposure.