resistence1993

comunity suport/moding andf anti hacking

go down for TL;DR

ok so right now the game is kind of shit it seams no bugs have been fixed since the mod was released just a slow build up of new ones now with artifacts and spawning on the coast whenever you join sometimes even without any gear and ofcourse the old ones like breaking your legs for doing pritty much anything other than standing still

and ontop of that the hackers wich are the biggest threat most people probabley die at the hands of these pathetic sad fucks more than from anything else and it as of now there isent rearly any way to stop it

and rocket dosent seem to be doing anything about all of this and he dosent seem to want the help of the comunity when it comes to adding new features or fixing bugs or tackling hacks

allthough some people have been moding/hacking the game themselfs in some positive ways

like the addition of lingor island

http://www.dayzwiki....i/Lingor_Island

and the addition of new weapons being added to the game though so far only d bags seem to do this just to give themselfs a advantage

and there is the fairly recent edition of private serves where people have full control over the server

TL;DR the game sucks right now rocket is useless maybe we should take things into are own hands

it would be cool if some people out there found a way to stop hacking maybe they make a few private servers each on there own seperate hive and they restrict who can join them and if there is a mass kill hack used the person is banned and the players given back there items they could allso fix some of the damn bugs and add allot of new weapons/items into the game right now dayz is very stale compared to what it once was the introducting of moding could breath life back into it

imagine a dayz with 100s of diferent weapons

where most of the bugs are actualy fixed

where hacking is a none issue

where people can create there own charecter models/clothes

whre ghosting and altf4ing isent a issue

where people can actualy build bases/forts in the knolage that it wount be nuked

where zombies only die by explosions and headshots where zombies are slow but completly relentless and abel to kill you much more easyly

with more enterable buldings and a extended map or even seperate ones like in lingor island

with added features like weapons degrading

with a crafting system similar to fallout crafting ammo food meds etc

i think that would just be god damn amazing and i dont think its a fairy tale ether i dont see why this cant be done can you imagine a dayz developed by not one person but 1000s of people

i realise after re reading this that my post kind of comes of a bit dickish toward rocket i respect what he has done i could never manage what he has done but i think he has handeled allot of things in this game porely and i think the comunity could improve dayz significantly

Edited by resistence1993

You should really read up on what Rocket is working on right now, and the progress he is making on the standalone, because a lot of what you brought to attention has already been addressed by him in interviews. Secondly, would you rather have the standalone ready quick-times, or have him and the team push it off and work on the ARMA II mod? I would rather have a standalone ready to play with the scripting issue eradicated, than continue playing on a mod that seems to encourage people to not play legit (duping, lack of power in the hands of server owners, easy to script in events/items etc.).

• Like 1

You should really read up on what Rocket is working on right now, and the progress he is making on the standalone, because a lot of what you brought to attention has already been addressed by him in interviews. Secondly, would you rather have the standalone ready quick-times, or have him and the team push it off and work on the ARMA II mod? I would rather have a standalone ready to play with the scripting issue eradicated, than continue playing on a mod that seems to encourage people to not play legit (duping, lack of power in the hands of server owners, easy to script in events/items etc.).

yea rocket has talked about all his grand plans for the stand alone but the mod seams to be more or less abandoned and im not here to whine or discuss about rocket not having all these features i just want to talk about how awsome moding would be and how i think it could save this mod from dieing because if it stays as it is now the mod will be dead within a few months

Edited by resistence1993

Rocket is opening the mod up. Before, private hives would be blacklisted. Turning Side Chat on would get you blacklisted. Sneezing would get you blacklisted...you get what mean. Now all the above things are allowed which can allow reduced hacking for us with private hives.

Rocket is opening the mod up. Before, private hives would be blacklisted. Turning Side Chat on would get you blacklisted. Sneezing would get you blacklisted...you get what mean. Now all the above things are allowed which can allow reduced hacking for us with private hives.

have you seen any hives that have changed things around like adding new weapons

have you seen any hives that have changed things around like adding new weapons

No.

No.

well thats kinda boring it would be cool if people started making private servers where loads of new guns spawned there are quite allot of guns in arma 2 that for some reason wherent added to the game that could easyly be ported over plus there are other mods where guns could be ported over

someone posted that private servers used to be black listed what does that mean exactly