Sign in to follow this  
sheriffhd

Installation help

Ok well I downloaded the Steam version of arma 2 (the combined operations pack)

My first attempt at getting Dayz to work was via the manual installation (make the Addon>@dayz file in the steam directory of ARMA:OA) and downloading the beta patch.

But when i tried to lauch the game i was getting kicked saying missing content (cherounos) so i copied the addon pack from arma 2 directory over to the OA directory tried again, still would get into a game.

Tried to use the withsix launcher, i keep getting stuck at loading screen and the game crashes.

and im now getting annoyed as i just spent £25 on this game thinking it would work better than the cracked version ive been playing over tungle. when in fact the dodgy cracked version seems to work better.

any help/advice.

And on a side note, im suprised there wasnt an installion guide with the download. thought that was standard with any download.

that was the first tutorial i used.

Didnt seem to want to work. Step 4 he skips the step for steam uses, as he states that it should sort the files out automaticaly for those using the combined operations pack. mine didnt (cheers steam) so i went back and done step 4. Tried to run the game again and boom same thing. :(

EDIT: Women you are awesome, Dayz commander is by far the better opition.

Now just need to fix this graphical glictch that i keep getting. But im sure i can figue that out on my own.

Edited by SheriffHD

download dayz commander it's much easier then click the "version" at the top of the screen and then update everything~ should work then ^^

that was the first tutorial i used.

Didnt seem to want to work. Step 4 he skips the step for steam uses, as he states that it should sort the files out automaticaly for those using the combined operations pack. mine didnt (cheers steam) so i went back and done step 4. Tried to run the game again and boom same thing. :(

EDIT: Women you are awesome, Dayz commander is by far the better opition.

Now just need to fix this graphical glictch that i keep getting. But im sure i can figue that out on my own.

cheers

GL with that grafic glitchy stuff :)

related topic:

http://dayzmod.com/f...ifacting-fixes/

edit:

and remember to launch only same version servers 1.725 else ull get spawned @ the coast :) over and over and or stuck at loading etc ;)

Edited by M4L