Sign in to follow this  
GexAlmighty

Empty mags as junk loot and stray bullets in loot piles

I did a search for this topic and i didn't find one as all the topics on empty mags were about being able to shift ammo from one mag to another (which would have to be in the game for this topic to work.)

The idea is pretty much in the name. add empty mags for primary guns to all loot tables as junk spawns and add stray bullets (rarity would be dependant on location) to loot tables aswell so that you could pick up single bullets and fill them into empty (or any non full) mag that supports the ammo type. this would mix up the junk items to be much more interesting and is much too tedious to be overpowered.

Also as a side note, i have said this with tin cans before and i think it would also work well with empty mags. Make it so that when you use up a magazine and the ammo hits zero, you still have the empty clip in your inventory and have to drop it manually if you don't want it. this would be a nice way to track people by making assumptions of group size and the weapons they are using by the dropped mags. ofcourse you would also have to consider that it may just be generated by the loot table, so you would have to think on your feet a little.

Edited by GexAlmighty
  • Like 3

I love the refill idea, haveing 4 half full mags is kinda annoying and this would be the most realistic solution.

And empty mags: Why not. This would also raise realism a bit.