tomm

BattleEye vs Hackers (Hackers win :( )

Hey all, just a quick suggestion regarding the current anti-cheat method DayZ uses.

Today I was killed 2x by hackers on different servers within 1-2 hours of each other. I had good equipment as was extremely p***** off that they weren't kicked or banned. >:(

I understand it is hard to keep up with the hackers and cheaters that feel the need to ruin the fun of others and just kill and spawn stuff. But personally I have only seen 1 ban issued by BattleEye ever, I have probably racked up some insane number of days played on DayZ so that can't be good.

Out of curiosity, could DayZ adopt it's own anti-cheat program, because BattleEye doesn't seem to work, or if it does not very well from my experience. I know that the amount of programming that would go into a new one would be mad, and I don't expend the dev team to do that, it's not realistic, but they could maybe try to strike a deal with Valve (or any other *good game* developer) to use their anti-cheat method, I have been playing TF2 and CSS for years, and can't recall any hackers ever, whether I have been lucky or not I don't know but still. I know to purchase something like that would be VERY pricey but a fund could be started or something to pay for it.

I am also aware that the engine may not permit the program to work but it may be possible to integrate it somehow.

I know this probably will not happen, but I want some opinions, I'm sure at least 80% of players have run into hackers, so this idea may not be as mad as it sounds :P

It will remain a problem on the mod to some degree because of the nature of the engine. It was never designed for this sort of thing and makes script injections very easy. The standalone will be a different story though, people won't have access to the code, it'll be locked down. We'll just have to wait.

Also BE have banned 10's of thousands of people. It's not enough but they are making slow progress.

I personaly no longer try to "Survive" because of the hackers.

You may quit playing untill its safe to play or you may just run around cherno and troll people, just like me.

Oh God, not another one of these useless threads.

THIS IS A MOD

Edited by TSAndrey

THIS IS A MOD

I wouldn't really call it a useless thread as it servers to voice an opinion.

It will remain a problem on the mod to some degree because of the nature of the engine. It was never designed for this sort of thing and makes script injections very easy. The standalone will be a different story though, people won't have access to the code, it'll be locked down. We'll just have to wait.

Also BE have banned 10's of thousands of people. It's not enough but they are making slow progress.

I know how easy it can be for some scripts to be used, especially if they use a mask on them, one thing occured to me, not sure how possible it is, but, say every item has an ID like 03303 for a G17, then every G17 that spawns gets an ID add ed on to that so it would be 03303:FDRE but, every time they spawn in games, from the hive using an encryption key, they get assigned it, the key could change every hour, if there are two items with the same ID and letter ID then the one that was found later gets deleted.

That could be adapted for lot's of things, not sure if it would be viable, but I think it could work well, and have every 10mins a check that whipes out ammo crates from the map.

Again not sure how viable or if I even explained it well, but if it could be implemented for a test, I think it could work.

I am getting sick of Battleye, they always seem to dick around, then swing the ban hammer and hit people who NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG while they do it.

Are you all blind? Fraggle made it pretty damn clear the it is not Battle Eye's fault.

Battle Eye is a reliable, good anti-cheat system. It is the Arma 2 engine that is the problem. The engine itself is basically meant to have stuff spawned in and is a very trusting system. That is why people have hardly any trouble hacking. Now I am not going to sit here and blame OP for not using search engine, as most people who do that are just mindless assholes who don't even use it themselves, but I will say that some of those who posted afterwards should really take the time to read the several-sentence first comment rather than ranting.

Edited by Spart248

Battleye isn't meant to work with DayZ, and therefore does a shit job. It'll all be fixed in the standalone (hopefully!)

THIS IS A MOD

Everyone who goes into every thread spouting shit like this is fucking retarded.

Are you all blind? Fraggle made it pretty damn clear the it is not Battle Eye's fault.

Battle Eye is a reliable, good anti-cheat system. It is the Arma 2 engine that is the problem. The engine itself is basically meant to have stuff spawned in and is a very trusting system. That is why people have hardly any trouble hacking. Now I am not going to sit here and blame OP for not using search engine, as most people who do that are just mindless assholes who don't even use it themselves, but I will say that some of those who posted afterwards should really take the time to read the several-sentence first comment rather than ranting.

Well, first of all a Anti-cheat system is a ANTI-CHEAT system. Meaning no matter the engine, the game, the mod the server it should have one soul purpose and one only. To stop people from parachuting cows on to camps with nukes attatched. They do an OK job, I will give them that. But they are like a typical DayZ player. They fire blidnly in to the woods when the think something is out there, turns out it was just a bunny.