twobeans

How does tents work currently ?

Ive played this game for a while now but still havent tried a tent. Is this how it works currently?

1) Put up tent

2) Put loot in tent

3) Save

And the first Save you make, all the items in it then will be there when server restarts? Even if you take Gun X out it will be there after next restart ?

Yeah, basically. But sometimes, they dont work at all. Do not count on them working.

I haven't been able to save anything in tents since the patch.

They just reset to empty when the server restarts and I lose whatever I had put into it. This "first time will save" is bullshit and those people just got lucky.

On 1.7.2.5 tents (and vehicles) are not saving properly at all for most people (code changes to fix this have been released but have not been approved for change in the mod more info here https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502 ). On 1.7.2.4 if you place tent, wait for server reboot and THEN put your stuff in and save tent, it is working for the most part but still tents are to be considered broken and use at your own risk.

This is the primary reason I have left my server at 1.7.2.4 instead of updating to 1.7.2.5 which was primarily released as a hotfix for the graphic artifacting bug. Unfortunately 1725 did not fix the graphic bug at all and seems to have broken tent and vehicle inventory saving even more than it was previously. At the moment 75% of servers are running 1725 but 1724 is much more stable with regard to tent and vehicle inventories.

Edited by SystemiK