th3rdparty

Dayz back story/end game content MOUNT AN ATTACK ON THE MILITARY OCEAN LINER!

I know the development of the end game content is very far away for the dayz development team but I thought this idea would fit in very well.

After playing dayz for a long time I always wondered why would you spawn on the coastline and only the coastline? So I thought maybe u came from a huge ship / ocean liner that did experiments on people maybe to develop a cure maybe not, who knows, but you some how got thrown off the ship and you float to the coast.

There could be a lot of reasons why there is a ship out at sea chucking people onto the coast so I would like to hear everyone’s ideas / reasons or back stories for this idea.

Ocean liner as end game content:

To take on such a huge ocean liner you would need to gather up a huge amount supplies with your teammates. You will need to gather very rare guns and equipment e.g. you will need a helicopter and a few boats for your team to gain access to the ship, huge amounts of ammo to kill what is on the ship and a few explosives or other weapons to destroy or get through certain rooms with in the ocean liner. My opinion is they should make it insanely hard and almost impossible to mount an attack on this military ocean liner making it so you would need to take a huge group of survivors to be successful and really plan out the attack and strategize, making it very hard to successfully take the ocean liner will really give high level players something to strive for instead of just killing other players. After their first couple of failed attempts and losing all their gear on the attack they will think twice before they attack it again.

Now I know how much rocket doesn’t want NPCs army soldiers etc. to be implemented into the game, but this idea just fits so well with the current non existent story line of dayz and it will gives those big squads and teams of survivors something to work towards. To take on a huge military ocean liner that put you in this hell whole to begin with and to get the best possible weapons/vehicles in the game.

I would like to hear ideas of what loot could be on the ship or even possible vehicles.

The ocean liner could be filled with rooms of infected or hostile NPC army soldiers or rooms where you can see scientists doing experiments.

(It’s really up to the development team and rocket to what will be on the ship but here are some possible things to see on this ocean liner)

1: zombies have taking over the entire ship and there are no survivors.

(Though if there are just zombies it will be a lot easier to take the ship)

2: there are NPC soldiers / scientists on the ship. (and only a few infected)

3: there are both zombies and soldiers and the soldiers are trying to contain the zombies.

4: you could go onto the ship secretly and release the virus to turn every on the ship into the infected there fore making it easier to take over.

So even if rocket doesn’t want NPC soldiers on this ocean liner (though I think it would be a lot harder and more challenging to take the ship if there are NPC soldiers) you could still implement this into the new stand-alone game and give dayz a small back story / endgame content which will be much needed for the high level players of dayz! It also gives you an idea of the back-story without reveling much of what is going on, people can then speculate to why that ocean liner is there and if we really did come from the ocean liner. What will we discover when we take the oceanliner? It really draws people to it tempting them to attack it to find out what is in it and why it is there etc.

This post is in general discussion and in suggestions figured it should be in both.

So please tell me what you think about this idea for the back story of dayz and end game content, I would love to hear your story lines to the oceanliner and why it is there and throwing people onto the coast any other ideas for the end game content such as what gear you would see on it and vehicles and how hard it should be etc. I hope you read this rocket! And my other idea on the sleep mechanic/logout timer, thanks for reading guys poor beans all over my face!

Honestly I think jsut having the ocean liner, even if its competly empty, is an amazing idea. Make more than one, have then spawn in different locations per server (Big slap in the nuts to server hoppers). Think about it, if you are an already organized group, what does this mean for you?

A secure base, provided you have the manpower to hold it against would be looters

• Like 1

I had a similar idea, cargo ships full of the undead, best loot at end of ship.

Why dont you use the right section for your idea?

# move request

lol why dont you read the post "This post is in general discussion and in suggestions figured it should be in both."

# say sumthing constructive! lol