Sign in to follow this  
Dancingg

So IMO the Hunger Games event failed. Hope the next one's more prepared.

I didn't get to watch the whole thing but I was watching Deagen. His partner Phy, had broken his leg by a one shot zombie at the very start and so Deagen ran around town.

Major turning point though, Deagen catches another player under a tree with an Enfield. Deagen had a hatchet and put 3-4 hacks into him before he started running. Deagen hit him a total of about 10-15 times. Not one broken leg or bleeding occured. The lag was so bad the Enfield guy rubberbanded around. He finally gets Deagen into his sights and one shots Deagen. Utter Bullshit. Hope they pick a better server.

Word is another player (can't recall name) was bugged and ran around with invincibility and it was awhile before they even made him relog.

I think they should've at LEAST considered restarting the thing. Deagen got robbed and who knows who else did.

Sorta disappointing but hey, first one's gotta be hectic right?

• Like 1

Hi Mike :P

I was watching it too. Dymoxide, who I was rooting for, died due to nothing but desync. His game froze in the market(No msg received), and Crream shot him while he was frozen and couldn't defend himself. When he came to, he was alive for another FIVE minutes before he simply fell over and died in the barn. He wasn't shot again or anything. Some people are claiming people were trying to DDOS the server, but who knows how reliable that is. As far as the invisible guy, those are spectators running around to my knowledge.

Just a shame. When there's prizes involved, you can't have lag killing people. It's not fair to the players. No way in hell. I would of been furious. For an event that was in planning for weeks now, it's pretty bad. I mean, if public hive servers run well enough with 60+ players, this should of been no problem at all. I think either the server was just shit, or someone truly was attacking the server. There's no way they should of experienced that amount of lag, and they should of immediately prompted a reset, or a reschedule. Giving away prizes simply based on who got lucky enough to shoot someone desyncing while they weren't doesn't mean they deserved to win. Skill and placement should of determined the winner here. Not who had less lag at what specific time. :(

Edited by KField86

Aw i heard about this on a stream, i kinda knew it would be fucked. Popular streamers all in one server and everyone has to play fair? Seems legit, but hopefully next one is better.

Aw i heard about this on a stream, i kinda knew it would be fucked. Popular streamers all in one server and everyone has to play fair? Seems legit, but hopefully next one is better.

They were all playing fair. The server is what let the event down.

Yah Deagen was raging pretty hard. Getting an Enfield from an axe would be huge.

Alpha event on an alpha mod on a game in eternal beta. There are going to be issues.

Yah Deagen was raging pretty hard. Getting an Enfield from an axe would be huge.

Deagen wasn't raging and yea Bohemia interactive chose the server shame them. I say a rematch with a new server because apparently three weeks isn't long enough to make sure no one lags or at least not lag badly. all deaths by server should not be counted and the winner tonight has to face those who died due to server failures.

They just said a bit ago that they are going to do this again.

It really is to be expected that there would be problems. This has never been done before so there is no way they can possibly know what kinds of issues can crop up.

I also heard them say that they stupidly named the server Hunger Games and people found out the ip because of it and they got ddos'd

Well, many problems could be avoided if they would just play this Regular ArmA.

Well, many problems could be avoided if they would just play this Regular ArmA.

Possible with the eat, drink, bandage mechanics?

I know nothing about regular Arma honestly.

I think the event would have been better without zombies.

The idea was very epic but there was SO many flaws and glitch/bugs that caused issues... Some notes:

• Desyncs all over resulting in death of a few people who could do nothing.
  • Camera man makes sounds and is visible when in vehicles.
  • Camera man needs to not aggro and have noclip.
  • Stream Delays.
  • Not all players streamed sadly.
  • One of the goody items was a Sniper Rifle, awesome for getting a close up on the artifacts glitching.
  • Whole town ended up on "fake fire" due to heli crash.
  • No one cared for SAWS lol.
  • Be nice to be able to HEAR the streamers so we're aware of what they're thinking/saying/planning.
  • We need some sort of realtime minimap display on the stream.
  • Needs some awesome intro with mikeb's music (like over or under!! hahah)

The only winner, is the Tractor.

• Like 1