Sign in to follow this  
2512ML

Horses in Chernarus

I've been playing dayz for a while now, and I love the game but there is one problem I keep encountering. It is so hard to find a vehicle and the map is so immense, that it takes you an hour to run from cherno to the NW airfield to check the barracks. So I started thinking about an easy way to transport across the map. So this is what i came up with:

What if there were horses spawning in chernarus, just like all the other animals. You can obviously kill the the horses and get their meat. However, if you are lucky enough to find a saddle in one of the barns you can ride the horse. Horses obviously need water and food. You can do this buy bringing your horse to a pond or giving it water from your water bottle. You also need to find hay for the horse to eat. If your horse gets to hungry or thirsty it will first stop running. If you still dont give him what he wants, the horse will lie down and eventually die. You can put food and water in the saddlebags attached to the sadle that hold 4-12 spots depending on what type of saddle you have found.

You will not be able to shoot from your horse as it is only meant for transport just like any other vehicle. Which means that you are very vulnerable on your horse. horses will die as fast as any other animal.

I'm thinking this could be a very easy way to transport and it is not unbalanced in any way. If you like this idea make this a popular thread so the people making the game can see this.

Thanks

• Like 1

Feels like Red Dead Redemption. With any of the Arma engines horses would look and move like robots. I can only imagine the broken bones that come from dismounting a horse or running into a tree or rock. But, not to be a total buzzkill it would be cool and usefull.

Edited by thebirdolux

This reminds me of that one game of the sims 3 I had going. For some reason there were 4 horses on my front lawn one morning and I just got scared and uninstalled that game.

Horrible jokes aside, horses would be fine.

Catching one and taming them should be hard though.

This reminds me of that one game of the sims 3 I had going. For some reason there were 4 horses on my front lawn one morning and I just got scared and uninstalled that game.

Horrible jokes aside, horses would be fine.

Catching one and taming them should be hard though.

And I imagine a few morphine / painkillers being used during the training process.