Insane (DayZ)

[ViDEO] I just became a fucking crow

I've seen another thread about a guy seeing birds stalking him, this is probably why. Was playing with some clan members and after 10 minutes of waiting to get on i spawned as a bird with some other people.

Anyone know whats causing this?

I've read it is a feature in arma (for server admins, or something), and a "glitch" in dayz. Its happened to other players.

Hah this happened to me once too.. I went afk while waiting a longer than usual amount of time to join a random server.. Came back to find myself a bird hovering above the trees. I just figured it was some weird mod or something for that server and left.

its just spectator mode. It was supposed to be disabled so you should contact the server admin

Ya i had this happen as well. I thought it was too darn cool. I flew around for quite a while but didn,t see any movement in any towns so I quit.

I've seen another thread about a guy seeing birds stalking him' date=' this is probably why. Was playing with some clan members and after 10 minutes of waiting to get on i spawned as a bird with some other people.

[hr']

Anyone know whats causing this?

Some people became a Zombie or Ghost....its just a bored Hacker.

Just a hint for people who see such a bird the first time in Arma 2, play the game a bit to know the aswell the features of it..the bird is a feature with certain coop settings.

If you're continually changing into a bird then you might want to buy a legit copy of the game and stop being a cheapass, the DRM in this game series won't stop you playing, it will just degrade your play experience to the point where it won't be fun any more.

Changing into a bird repeatedly and declining weapon accuracy are both symptoms of "Fade", in coop you'll only get birded once you die rather than it randomly killing you when your game is dodgy.

If you're continually changing into a bird then you might want to buy a legit copy of the game and stop being a cheapass' date=' the DRM in this game series won't stop you playing, it will just degrade your play experience to the point where it won't be fun any more.

Changing into a bird repeatedly and declining weapon accuracy are both symptoms of "Fade", in coop you'll only get birded once you die rather than it randomly killing you when your game is dodgy.

[/quote']

Haha if he really changes into a bird more freuqently or he notice that his weapon accuracy is off the good ol FADE worked....exactly.

i got changed into a bird simply by relogging. i found a person driving his car, followed him back to his tents and the server crashed. i respawned back at my spot as a human and when the server got rebooted properly later, the car vanished

and im not a hacker

i got changed into a bird simply by relogging. i found a person driving his car' date=' followed him back to his tents and the server crashed. i respawned back at my spot as a human and when the server got rebooted properly later, the car vanished

and im not a hacker

[/quote']

Yeah the game got some weird bugs.

If a server ever bugged out and i became a bird i would use it to scout from above and follow movements of every player.

Im a bird you can't do shit.

If a server ever bugged out and i became a bird i would use it to scout from above and follow movements of every player.

Im a bird you can't do shit.

Don't really find that fair tbh, didn't want to exploit it.

This is the best fucking thing I have ever seen. Even more funny than the first time I saw zombie suicide.

Haha thanks! Yeah made me giggle. :3

Thats no bug its a anti piracy protection called fade.

It will mess up aiming and getting you a bird sometimes. If its triggered once it get worse...

If you're continually changing into a bird then you might want to buy a legit copy of the game and stop being a cheapass' date=' the DRM in this game series won't stop you playing, it will just degrade your play experience to the point where it won't be fun any more.

[/quote']

Thats no bug its a anti piracy protection called fade.

It will mess up aiming and getting you a bird sometimes. If its triggered once it get worse...

Hm, im running ARMA:2 Free and Operation Arrowhead, both legit and from Steam, and whenever we play Armory i just turn into a crow :(