SoWeMeetAgain

Admin "scans" player gear, threatens ban/kick

First of all, AS50 TWS is LEGAL. Read wiki.

Second of all, you host servers for COMMUNITY. Don't like it? Don't do it!

I'm sick and tired of admins who host server, ignore official rules, and whine over other people actually following them.

You are not allowed to kick/ban (even local) anyone for using an scripted weapon, vehicle etc. And BE will do it job banning actual hackers.

GET YOUR OWN HIVE AND MAKE YOUR OWN RULES IN THAT HIVE!

Good luck to find any players on it.

If I find an AS50 TWS on your server - I'll use it. If I find an Black Hawk on your server - I'll decide if I fly it or blow it up, and will do it on my own. Don't like it? Cancel server subscription or leave the Hive.

• Like 3

Go ahead, spank me. We don't care.

I've just kicked like 20 server hoppers in the afternoon with AS50thermal, UZI SD, Ak107, makarovSD, etc... few of them were cheaters too, and got automatically banned (not by battlEye).

Want an example ?

25.08.2012 12:51:57: Sulo (93.1.44.66:2304) dd31964f664525d09e2794cc4843543e - #0 "curPlayer allowDamage false;"

17:51:31 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',false,'29102304',[63,[4600.4,9489.74,0.00143433]],[["ItemFlashlight","Binocular_Vector","NVGoggles","ItemGPS","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemKnife","ItemHatchet","ItemMatchbox","ItemEtool","ItemToolbox","UZI_SD_EP1","BAF_L110A1_Aim"],["ItemPainkiller","PipeBomb","PipeBomb","PipeBomb","HandGrenade_West",["200Rnd_556x45_M249",194],"200Rnd_556x45_M249","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD"]],["DZ_Backpack_EP1",[["M40A3"],[1]],[["5Rnd_762x51_M24"],[3]]],[52,409,409],Soldier1_DZ,0.94]"
17:51:31 "LOGIN LOADED: B 1-1-A:58 (Sulo) REMOTE Type: Survivor1_DZ"

99% of those players NEVER complain on the official dayZ forum. They just continue to serverhop elsewhere, going a server to another, staying 1 minute, snipe if they can, and leave.

But yeah, I should play with the official rules and let them ruin the game ?

Nope.

PS: http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Weapons no AS50 thermal. And if like ANY other players on the server you use a forbidden weapon, go and get kicked/banned and complain. We. Don't. Care.

Edited by SqTH
  • Like 3

LOL.

I like your way of dealing with people. But you are wrong.

I like drag-racing, But I know this is wrong (not allowed). And when cop pulls me over and gives me a huge ticket for doing this - I don't complain :) So shouldn't you, when your server will serve you alone. :D

No

This rumour has no basis to it whatsoever.

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46844-hackers/

As soon as any admin like you will ban me for something he wrongly assumes a "good reason" his server will be reported. :D

And Wiki. Read notes.

There exist some lingering TWS (Thermal Weapons Sight) versions of this rifle in DayZ. They were previously removed from spawns in the 1.5.x update but sometimes do re-appear, most likely from a veteran losing it or a hacker spawning it into the game.

Edited by Infineon
  • Like 1

Players can't come with cheat weapons or use abuse on FR35/140 servers, because admins scan me ?

Sound legit.

Cheaters are mad ? Not my problem.

AaBYj.gif

Edited by Shinssue

Players can't come with cheat weapons or use abuse on FR35/140 servers, because admins scan me ?

Sound legit.

Cheaters are mad ? Not my problem.

I was threatened with a ban and kick for having a LEGIT, REAL, UNCHEATED weapon.

First of all, AS50 TWS is LEGAL. Read wiki.

Second of all, you host servers for COMMUNITY. Don't like it? Don't do it!

I'm sick and tired of admins who host server, ignore official rules, and whine over other people actually following them.

You are not allowed to kick/ban (even local) anyone for using an scripted weapon, vehicle etc. And BE will do it job banning actual hackers.

GET YOUR OWN HIVE AND MAKE YOUR OWN RULES IN THAT HIVE!

Good luck to find any players on it.

If I find an AS50 TWS on your server - I'll use it. If I find an Black Hawk on your server - I'll decide if I fly it or blow it up, and will do it on my own. Don't like it? Cancel server subscription or leave the Hive.

Well if you found either of the items you stated and used them you would get banned.

Dont like it dont play on servers that keep the playing field fair(ish) and wont accept items not in the game.

The AS50 TWS is certainly not in dayz as a loot drop.

Seen that you persist to scream like a pig on a honeymoon about the warning I gave you, let's clear things up.

I was threatened with a ban and kick for having a LEGIT, REAL, UNCHEATED weapon.

And you also know that we made a mistake, and apologized, and you didn't got kicked nor banned. You just had a warning.

Ah, yes :) As I wrote, it even is in the DayZ wiki. Glad this could be sorted out, thank you. Could you please tell me what info you're getting other than my gear? Location, vehicles, tents? This is rather creepy as I said.

See ? you weren't mad or anything in the private message you sent me after i apologized.

And now we all know that you are a bit retarded cracker, what will be the next topic about ?

"Oh, I asked him to restart the server because I needed to access to my tents and he refused ?"

Hey SqTH! FR35 currently has no tents and vehicles Could you please restart? I know it restarts at 15:00 anyways but I wanted to play until then... then I have to go somewhere. greetings SoWe

Sorry dude, you're not welcome anymore.

Edited by SqTH
  • Like 1

The AS50 TWS is certainly not in dayz as a loot drop.

Depends what u call loot.

For me a loot is anything I can take off a dead body, out of a tent or a vehicle, pick up from the ground etc. Then AS50 TWS is legit loot.

Sure it doesn't SPAWN any more, but it's a legit loot.

But this is IRRELEVANT! If you applied to host a server in a DayZ Hive, you MUST obey it's rules. Otherwise NOBODY will do. By banning a people for carrying a weapon spawned by someone else - you just promote illegal behaviour.

For all we know you might actually be hurting upcoming DayZ standalone - if you successfully fight hackers on most of the community servers by custom means (third party anti-cheat software, custom scripts, manual log-analysis etc) developers might get wrong picture on overall hacking issue severity and choose wrong means to fight and prevent them in the future.

Are you sure there will be community-hosted standalone DayZ servers?

Can you promise to support all community standalone DayZ servers?

Are you sure you will actually have means to do so? Are you sure there will be human-readable log files or third-party tools to do this?

No? Then stop doing so now! DayZ is in alpha, and more realistic picture developers get - the better it is for all of us in the long term.

Edited by Infineon

For me a loot is anything I can take off a dead body, out of a tent or a vehicle, pick up from the ground etc. Then AS50 TWS is legit loot.

But this is IRRELEVANT! If you applied to host a server in a DayZ Hive, you MUST obey it's rules. Otherwise NOBODY will do. By banning a people for carrying a weapon spawned by someone else - you just promote illegal behaviour.

For all we know you might actually be hurting upcoming DayZ standalone - if you successfully fight hackers on most of the community servers by custom means (third party anti-cheat software, custom scripts, manual log-analysis etc) developers might get wrong picture on overall hacking issue severity and choose wrong means to fight and prevent them in the future.

Are you sure you will actually have means to do so? Are you sure there will be human-readable log files or third-party tools to do this?

No? Then stop doing so now! DayZ is in alpha, and more realistic picture developers get - the better it is for all of us in long term.

wow your trying really hard to keep your illegal weapons mr.exploiter.

"By banning a people for carrying a weapon spawned by someone else - you just promote illegal behaviour."

In the same breath picking up illegal weapons or having them promotes illegal behavior, so im glad you agree with the bans. anything for a legit gameplay environment right?

Seen that you persist to scream like a pig on a honeymoon about the warning I gave you, let's clear things up.

And you also know that we made a mistake, and apologized, and you didn't got kicked nor banned. You just had a warning.

See ? you weren't mad or anything in the private message you sent me after i apologized.

And now we all know that you are a bit retarded cracker, what will be the next topic about ?

"Oh, I asked him to restart the server because I needed to access to my tents and he refused ?"

Sorry dude, you're not welcome anymore.

you are hilarious, in a sad kind of way.

You quote me asking for a restart because the hive connection is fucked up (you have done that in the past... for yourself most probably, but for others it's not needed eh?) and then say "oh you're gonna cry for a restart in the forums" ... but have I done that? NO I DIDN'T

you make absolutely no sense ... so fucking dumb ... and you don't even see it.

you are on a power trip. enjoy that while it lasts.

and good on you for saying I am not welcome any more AFTER I already left :D but if it makes you feel big and strong... you can have it

Also, making private messages public? ... that's illegal almost everywhere, just telling you.

and good on you for saying I am not welcome any more AFTER I already left

DHID0.png

Yataa !

Edited by SqTH

No? Then stop doing so now! DayZ is in alpha, and more realistic picture developers get - the better it is for all of us in the long term.

The weapon is not in the loot table, so its not dayz loot, whatever you think is legit it and many other things scripted in are not.

Obviously you just like abusing weapons most other players dont have, or if they do find them they do the right thing and destroy them.

No point talking to people like you. Adios. By the way your arguments are retarded.

• Like 1

Please explain why you are going against the server rules of DayZ?

Edited by Basshead

wow your trying really hard to keep your illegal weapons mr.exploiter.

I've never had any "illegal" weapon :D Not even AS50 TWS, which is legal.

The weapon is not in the loot table, so its not dayz loot, whatever you think is legit it and many other things scripted in are not.

Are you trying to be a fat troll or are you just illiterate and can't read? AS50 TWS IS A WEAPON THAT WAS SPAWNING IN DAYZ ONCE AND IT IS STILL LEGIMATELY FOUND ON A MAP. It was never removed from inventory, back-packs, tents, cars etc. So some of them are owned till now.

Edited by Infineon

hx7iU.gif

• Like 1

Legal european part :

As a server administrator and hoster

I have the property of my server, and all the connections done to or by my server.

I'm responsible of all those connections.

I do what I want with all those connections (kick/ban etc etc )

Dayz files (client and server) don't have any EULA , just some rules on the forums...legally, it is invalid

Dayz (Hive) do not provide any services / connection to players. They only provide services to others servers.

So you can say they provide service to players. but only trough other providers.

And that's why legally they can't force me to apply any rules to players.

But if they want they can legally shut down the connection from my server to the hive , this connection make by my server to the hive is also their property...(blacklist)

But again , as i said earlier, i follow most of the rules setup by Dayz , But I will never follow a rule telling me to cross directly an highway , if there is a bridge above this highway i will take the bridge.

Edited by khalimerot
  • Like 3

Okay .......

Let's use an analogy: you're in real life and see a gun (if you don't live in the USA), or, if you live in the USA, you pick up a bomb, a RPG or something else illegal.

We all agree these weapons are illegal, but if we follow dayz rules, you would be allowed to use these just because you are not the original owner.

This is a complete nonsense. As is banning someone juste because he have an illegal weapon.

But warning someone to drop his illegal weapon is completely normal. You are not supposed to keep an illegal weapon, even if you're not its creator.

And if Rocket is against warning, I will read that as "Hi, I love to kiss the ass of hackers and exploiters and flipping the bird to people who actually wants to play fair".

• Like 2

Legal european part :

As a server administrator and hoster

I have the property of my server, and all the connections done to or by my server.

I'm responsible of all those connections.

I do what I want with all those connections (kick/ban etc etc )

Dayz files (client and server) don't have any EULA , just some rules on the forums...legally, it is invalid

Dayz (Hive) do not provide any services / connection to players. They only provide services to others servers.

So you can say they provide service to players. but only trough other providers.

And that's why legally they can't force me to apply any rules to players.

But if they want they can legally shut down the connection from my server to the hive , this connection make by my server to the hive is also their property...(blacklist)

But again , as i said earlier, i follow most of the rules setup by Dayz , But I will never follow a rule telling me to cross directly an highway , if there is a bridge above this highway i will take the bridge.

73fEE.gif

• Like 2

To the smartasses who just connected to the server, spawning a crate and then using illegal weapons just waiting to have proof that we indeed are against using illegal weapons: we are awaiting your thread on the forum.

For the record, we banned them because it all happened in a very small time (the apparition of the crate and 4 players suddenly having an illegal weapon), too small to be a coincidence.

Edited by Tiri
  • Like 2

To the smartasses who just connected to the server, spawning a crate and then using illegal weapons just waiting to have proof that we indeed are against using illegal weapons: we are awaiting your thread on the forum.

For the record, we banned them because it all happened in a very small time (the apparition of the crate and 4 players suddenly having an illegal weapon), too small to be a coincidence.

So if a hacker gives me and 3 others a weapon, youre gonna ban me? Dude, you deserve a blacklist if your answer is "Yes" to that question.

HAHAAA xD you did that on purpose :D you came with a player that spawned a crate, and you all took a forbidden weapon.

Frapsed or not, you lost.

• Like 1

So if a hacker gives me and 3 others a weapon, youre gonna ban me? Dude, you deserve a blacklist if your answer is "Yes" to that question.

So if a drug dealer gives you drugs, you can't be arrested because someone gave it to you ?

You deserve a head slap if your answers is "Yes" to that question.

• Like 2

Okay .......

Let's use an analogy: you're in real life and see a gun (if you don't live in the USA), or, if you live in the USA, you pick up a bomb, a RPG or something else illegal.

We all agree these weapons are illegal, but if we follow dayz rules, you would be allowed to use these just because you are not the original owner.

the analogy falls short.

here's one for you: wizardry is unlawful and if you get spotted doing wizardry, for example creating a pot out of thin air, you are breaking the law.

now if someone else comes by and picks up that pot, did he commit wizardry?