Sign in to follow this  
SavageXii

Bad Patch? Need Advice please!

So I downloaded DayZ commander and I thought I needed to update my DayZ and Arma 2 Patch

Then After I had updated to the latest of each...NO SERVERS AT ALL are available to me anymore..

Is there a way to unpatch? Or do I have to reinstall?

Im not keen on downloading both arma's again... So is the patch in one game specifically? or what?

It's probably dayz commander, just install six launcher instead. I don't think the patch had anything to do with it.

• Like 1

You've probably activated some weird filters, or didn't refresh the server list.

If you take a closer look at DayZ Commander, you'll notice that you can downgrade patches as well as update them using that, at any time.

On the other hand, Six Launcher just forces you to use the last one.

• Like 1

How come the server says its running installed:95248 servermin:95883 server:95885 and mod:1.7.2.5

and I just ran the 95883/5 patch

Then when I tried to join the server its bad version cannot connect?

Do I need 95248?

Edit: Does it tell you if you want to remove this patch you need to reinstall arma?

Edited by SavageXii

I had the same problem. It's not dayz commander. You don't need 6launcher.

When you download the updated arma beta patch, you need to click on the executable file, so it will then create a beta directory for you. Once you have that, you can rename your current beta directory and move the new one in to the same place. I think you have to put the game upgrade in the main folder once you have renamed the earlier version.

But if you use dayzcommander it compensates for whatever version you have - so you should still be able to play.

Sorry if I'm not making sense. Best of luck :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

I think he is saying that:

Go to ...\Valve\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

Copy arma2oa.exe

Paste it to ...\Valve\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

You CAN join to 95883 servers with the latest patch (96061). 95248 is an old patch and you should avoid servers using it.

• Like 1

Yes, that's what I sort of think I am saying and I'm a she. :) :thumbsup:

Thing is, make sure you rename your current version of the arma game file first, so that it's safe and not replaced by the new patched version.

Ironman read the thread, he's says that doesn't work - it's blank - no servers showing! :emptycan:

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1