Sign in to follow this  
Scraggle426

Don't trust "colin gibz" CoD Player.

So 3 times me and my friends were going around Pusta/ Vysota area up north and this guy that had recently come into our squad from being a CoD player, that had obviously heard about DayZ or something, Every minute he wanted to blow shit up, and shoot his Gun in the air and at everything he saw wasting our ammo. And aswell as this we play on Fully populated servers for the fun of combat with other players aswell as surviving, Like we had a funny moment when both an M107 Sniper and We, S**t ourselves because this guy saw us from like, 10m away and sprayed at us before someone shot him xD, We left most of the loot on the body for him though.

But anyway, After we told this guy to stop treating it like CoD and getting us killed, (The only reason the m107 sniper knew about us was because he was shooting in the air randomly). He basically got all Stroppy and Tantrumy, And then he started recording and, Unknown to us for about 15 mins he kept trying to teamkill his friends because they told him off. Teamkilled 2/3 members of the squad and kept trying to shoot rest with M14 AIM.

But for the 2 odd hours he was with us he constantly wanted us go and do shit like run around in Elektro and kill the Fresh spawned for fun.

I'm just saying this didn't really make me mad or anything, It was just an unpleasant reminder for us (We have been playing DayZ For a long time) that Since it became very popular alot of the population of people are now like this, Just think of DayZ As a slightly harder version of CoD that you have to get stuff in.

So Kudos to anyone out there that Doesn't shoot freshies, Talks with Caps lock instead of Left mouse button and doesn't kill unless they're in danger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EvL9QZ-74s

He even uploaded a "troll" video of it afterwards, is this what DayZ Has come to? xD.

But it would be nice if you could dislike this video etc, To stop him thinking this is the right thing to do in DayZ, It's not trolling, It's just a dickmove made from being told he couldn't Blow shit up at every opportunity like CoD, Minnesotaburns is trolling of High class, this is Sad. :(

Oh and sorry for all the pitchy voices, It was pretty much because we shat ourselves.

Edited by Scraggle426
  • Like 4

I would have put a bullet in his head and walked off. Job done - why did you put up with that crap?

Unfortunately the first time we didn't know that it was him, But we suspected, Second time we did. :D

This is what happens when you play with kids.

GG on shooting him in the head the 2nd time :)

Edited by D3nty

This is what happens when you play with kids.

GG on shooting him in the head the 2nd time :)

We didn't get to xD, We just kicked him out when we relaised it was him, I wish we had though :(

Every minute he wanted to blow shit up, and shoot his Gun in the air and at everything he saw wasting our ammo.(...)But for the 2 odd hours he was with us he constantly wanted us go and do shit like run around in Elektro and kill the Fresh spawned for fun.

You must be fucking retarded to actually walk with this dude for 2 HOURS

It's your own fault for keeping such a liability in your group

Deal with it

This isn't how the game should be played :/

Sandbox

Rings a bell?

He played how he wanted, and you did nothing to stop him from getting your group killed

Don't blame him for your own stupidity

But it would be nice if you could dislike this video

Not your personal army

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 1

Did CoD make him a bad player or did the bad player just like to play CoD?

I play CoD, Battlefield, Halo et-al but that has no affect on the way I play DayZ (10+ weeks, 1 bandit kill and 0 murders) i'm not sure why we have to use CoD as a substitute for idiot, i'm sure there's plenty of DayZ players that have never played a twitch shooter and still act like DayZ is shooting gallery.....

To blanket an entire player base with one assumption is pretty childish itself.

Edited by ironman Tetsuo
  • Like 2

Hahaha, you guys ALT-F4ed when he shot you so you deserved it. Beans to the guy who killed you all.

• Like 4

I play CoD, Battlefield, Halo et-al but that has no affect on the way I play DayZ (10+ weeks, 1 bandit kill and 0 murders) i'm not sure why we have to use CoD as a substitute for idiot, i'm sure there's plenty of DayZ players that have never played a twitch shooter and still act like DayZ is shooting gallery.....

In fairness, COD is full of idiots. And I also play it and many of my friends, but credit where is due.

For the guy who said we Alt+F4'd.

This guy has only selected bits of the footage, We ran around for a good while looking for this "Mystery enemy", Got no thermal no Nametag no sighting etc, Then shots were still really close in an Open field, So we were fools and decided it was a hacker and Alt+F4'd. We actually go for this kind of stuff, Staying ingame for it if it's legit.

And the CoD thing, I'm not saying playing CoD Makes him an Idiot, Or that it's a bad game full of idiots etc.

I'm saying he was Treating DayZ LIKE CoD.

And aswell as this, We'd played with him before etc and he was fine then, But he had a BSU Attitude for all of this and unfortunately one of our group had known him for a while, So was reluctant, And for all this he was claiming it wasn't him etc and we'd feel like idiots if we kicked him out then found a DMR Sniper shooting us 3 mins after.

I'm just saying this guy deliberately used the Squad as an Excuse to make a poor video of him ruining our hard work of shooting Teammates, And being an idiot in general.

Then he goes and puts a video on Youtube about it as if it's a GOOD Thing todo, I'm not saying anything about a "Personal army" Etc. But don't show any support for him in this on youtube if you think it was a dickmove, and Downvote it etc, So he knows he wasn't being clever and funny, Just a knob.

I'm saying he was Treating DayZ LIKE CoD.

No he wasn't. When I play CoD or Battlefield for that matter I don't run about blowing stuff up and shooting into the air. I play with stealth or at least in a tactical fashion. It's the only way I get any kills. If my team mate or friend did that, or was clearly killing team mates I'd ditch him almost immediately. The fact that you put up with it shows you were being a bit stupid...

No he wasn't. When I play CoD or Battlefield for that matter I don't run about blowing stuff up and shooting into the air. I play with stealth or at least in a tactical fashion. It's the only way I get any kills. If my team mate or friend did that, or was clearly killing team mates I'd ditch him almost immediately. The fact that you put up with it shows you were being a bit stupid...

Hehe, I didn't put up with it, i wanted him out, it was the other two that kept going "Give him another chance" Etc.

Thankyou for the Negetive replies, This isn't how the game should be played :/

Realistically, if someone wants to play like this surely that's their decision? I don't get why people insist on acting like the way they play a game is better than anyone else.

Play the game the way you want and let others do the same.

Should have just dealt with it before it got out of hand.

• Like 1

I have to say this guy is an a**h***. But on the other hand you guys trusted a complete strange person who has a real problem, and you knew it!

(Quote: Every minute he wanted to blow shit up, and shoot his Gun in the air and at everything he saw wasting our ammo.(...)But for the 2 odd hours he was with us he constantly wanted us go and do shit like run around in Elektro and kill the Fresh spawned for fun.)

Guys, c'mon, seriously - you had a trigger-happy-newbie-killing psycho in your team. But see it positive, you learned something for the future: Do NOT trust a "i-wanna-blow-everythings-up"-Guy. Those ppl are impatient and when something takes too long, his aggro will turn against you!

Unfortunately the first time we didn't know that it was him, But we suspected, Second time we did. :D

No I meant after this shit...

Every minute he wanted to blow shit up, and shoot his Gun in the air and at everything he saw wasting our ammo.

I'd like to express again that 2/3 of us did not like it at all, And he was being loud as fuck, but one of us was his friend and wanted to keep him, So after this, instead of killing him, (Because the guy that was his friend forgave him) Became his friend again and didn't want any of us to kill him and he said it was our fault etc for telling him not to shoot etc.

So now it's just me and this other guy in a duo.

L85A2 AWS Reward with M107 for the deaths of Raymond Newell and colin gibz :D,

(No flaming over the above, It's just our way of offering gear to the community)

OP sure is getting a lot of hate.

Although he was stupid enough to tolerate that kid, he still brings up a valid point.

It's like Team Fortress 2 becoming free to play all over again.

The explosion of new players because of the outstanding reputation of DayZ brings al lot of stupid people with it.

Eventually the CoD kiddies will end up finding some excuse not to play this game (while we all know they just can't handle it).

The explosion of new players because of the outstanding reputation of DayZ brings al lot of stupid people with it.

But you are not required to group up with these "stupid people" and complain about it afterward

He was a liability

The group hesitated to get rid of him

It's their fault for not pulling the trigger when they had the chance

These "stupid people" only become an actual threat if you're making stupid moves yourself

And keeping this obvious problem in the group was in fact a stupid move

I would've killed him after the first couple of minutes, no point in keeping a person alive that is constantly compromising your position

It boils down to "L2P, NOOB"

Edited by Hawk24

^This.

He can play the game however he wants... No rules in the EULA specifying that you cant blow buildings up with C4. They put it in the game for a reason.

He was doing you a favour. Stop duping your equipment as you outright talked about infront of him and alt f4 when being fired upon.

Edited by Ezpel

He was doing you a favour. Stop duping your equipment as you outright talked about infront of him and alt f4 when being fired upon.

Wrong, he was the one constantly requesting us to dupe things for him.

We don't like that, it ruins game, like me and one other guy just died losing L85A2 AWS and a DMR for fresh lives

For more fun.