oshi7

Do you consider the mod playable any more?

I really like playing DayZ, but knowing its only a matter of time before I get killed by a cheater and, even if I don't, knowing that no one goes North any more because of the surplus of weapons... its just saddening.

Private servers are the only safe haven anymore. Passworded and requiring registration on the owner's website to get access even better.

Even so, I've seen script kiddies on private servers too. They go so far as to register, wait a couple of days to get access, and then cheat there too. I believe that private servers can do a rollback, if they are quick enough, so everyone's progress and experience isn't completely lost.

It is sad that players have had to resort to breaking Rocket's server rules in order to play his game the way he meant for it to be played.

This game is is Now unplayable. The amount of hackers playing/hacking this game are obscene.

Running through electro with a friend minding my own buisiness... suddenly AS50 shots coming from everywhere, like rapid fire as though it is automatic. then we both drop and fall unconcious, 2 guys in ghillies run out and start shouting,"that's what happens when you fuck with hackers LOL! Did you expect to kill us when we have god mode? what did you think your gunna do when we have unlimeted ammo and god mode mate?" It is now pathetic you cant go on a single server without people just scripting their AS50's and camping on the coast being "Trolls" as they call it. It's just being a nob.

Hope things change when the standalone comes out, cause it really is a problem, Battleeye, to put it brief, Sucks.

NerfGoboo

Playable? Meh, yes and no. It all depends on what you expect to get out of it these days. My 3 friends haven't played in weeks, I have only logged on here and there. For us its a combination of things, the hacking, the lack of content, nothing really to do to be honest. The game is an oxymoron, it offers a lot but not much at all. So I wait for updates, seeing if issue will be fixed or things added. Wait for the standalone and see what that offers. But generally speaking, all the issues have gotten old and the game rather stale.