Sign in to follow this  
brettuk

I literally cant find anything

Been playting this game for nearly 3hours and all I've been doing is running... Literally. I cant a town and im like YES!

Then i find out i cant open any doors and there is nothing about, so then i run for another 20minutes to try find another town. I see all theres youtubers with M4A1's and sniperes and ghillie suits, how da fuck do i get that stuff?

:L

Youtubers? Try following one of the many guides available via Google.

Been playting this game for nearly 3hours and all I've been doing is running... Literally. I cant a town and im like YES!

Then i find out i cant open any doors and there is nothing about, so then i run for another 20minutes to try find another town. I see all theres youtubers with M4A1's and sniperes and ghillie suits, how da fuck do i get that stuff?

:L

I was in the same predicament now I just play on low pop servers and ignore most towns unless they're big cities and I look for barns to get decent gear. Look up dayz interactive maps on google it may help you find barns etc.

Regards

Designidea

I got two videos up of camps full of gear if you want to run.. Chances are you will find more camps along the way.

sadly there arent as many houses and buildings but the website dayzdb.com will give you a map that has almost every location marked off with what kind of items that are in them. most weapons of better quality are found in the military locations around airfields and such but uniforms are in random locations all over.

just search the airfield/ heli sites for guns. ghillies you can get in ANY residential building so houses or apartments are good

Basically the small towns you wont find a whole lot in them unless you are lucky and running for ages your probably well lost by now log out and log in and find where you are then use a map I would suggest http://dayzdb.com/map#4.118.099 to find a decent town or spawn location to find gear. Large citys are your best bet supermarkets for equipment and food, for weapons you will have to check barns and military spawns all are displayed on the map.

Edited by bobstefanio

Best thing to do here is to note where you spawn (it will say in lower right of screen for a second or two when you load in).

Then, use one of the numerous online maps to plot a course to something, say a town. Eventually landmarks will be clear and you'll know where you are exactly, and where stuff is. Every major town has road signs. It's not rocket-science, but it does take work.