Sign in to follow this  
orangeknoxville

helicopter crash site

basically i was walking through a field to get to a town and i was like " I WANT TO FIND A HELICOPTER CRASH SIT SO BAD!" then boom instantly i see one i sneak over to it to find i cant loot it only the med boxes near it i was so pissed off it was my first H.C.S find and i could even loot it how annoying, eh?

basically i was walking through a field to get to a town and i was like " I WANT TO FIND A HELICOPTER CRASH SIT SO BAD!" then boom instantly i see one i sneak over to it to find i cant loot it only the med boxes near it i was so pissed off it was my first H.C.S find and i could even loot it how annoying, eh?

you obviously didnt search the ground well enough. you have to REALLY look, I found one yesterday on my private hive character and found a l85 AWS in the grass.

well my first was also a failure. cleared it for zombies. went looting and while i was looting and dropping my older weapon a zombie came and hitted me once. i was low on blood and fell to the ground and more came and ate me. Lost FN FAL, Bizon and M14..

you obviously didnt search the ground well enough. you have to REALLY look, I found one yesterday on my private hive character and found a l85 AWS in the grass.

well i didn't know items spawned around it, also i didn't kill the zombies and staying near the helicopter kept me hidden. next time i will search around the place.

Had my first today. FN FAL + one mag. about 3 miles north I found a field with two helicopter crashes as I got to the first one the server restarted...................

My first one had an FN FAL.....with no ammo, second had a m107.....with no ammo, third had a 7.62 ammo box....

got the M107 on my secon HCS.....but when i changed from sniper to more closer combat range i accidentaly pressed my sniper first to a full backpack.....svoosj gone...

Found a crash site on a server last week, was anti-climactic for me and my buddy.

There was no loot, probably it was already looted. it was exciting, though, in that we'd never seen one before. The chopper had taken out some trees on the way down, the detail in the modeling of the crash was impressive.

Had my first today. FN FAL + one mag. about 3 miles north I found a field with two helicopter crashes as I got to the first one the server restarted...................

damn those server restarts.

Loot does not re spawn so if you find a chopper and there isnt much loot your either unlucky with the spawn or its already been looted. Also you have to look under the ground as if it spawns on a slope the items may be under the ground and you can target them its just difficult.

I on the other hand haven't even found one yet as I ALWAYS get killed going into or in Cherno getting supplies to go find one

damn those server restarts.

I got to the tail rotor and suddenly a timer comes up saying something about no message received and then everyone got kicked off the game....

I on the other hand haven't even found one yet as I ALWAYS get killed going into or in Cherno getting supplies to go find one

Pro Tip: no chopper crash sites in Cherno. (and no, I've never found one)

Nick

That's the nature of DayZ. Almost every time I've gone to a crash site I have found something worth keeping. Keep looking and you'll find yourself some great weapons eventually.

I found an untouched copter on Skalitsky island and it had a ghille, antibiotics, a pleothora of guns and bloodbags/morphine. I'd say searching around for copters is better then anything else for fat loots.

Found one north east of green mountain in the field just outside the deer stand at the edge of the woods. Found a DMR with three mags and NVG's. First and only time with either of those weapons. Was a good haul.

Haven't seen one since and that was a few weeks ago.

Cheers

Don't forget to kill the surrounding zombies and loot them. They usually have a good amount of ammo on them for high powered weapons.

i actually found 9 heli crash sites with my team yesterday. 3 of them was really bad. tho i did kill alot of zimboes, but none of them dropped anything else than the usual shit...

Found one yesterday (first one!), but going by the Enfield laying under the tail and the empty ammo box, I'm assumming it had already been looted.

Zeds had nothing of note, either.

Pilots all had chemlights or smoke grenades, and the soldiers had a stanag or two.

Burned up a lot of MP5SD ammo to get in there. >:(