Sign in to follow this  
deathstrike616

Moving Arma and DayZ to another PC

Hi everyone,

I was derping around in DayZ today and got an idea. I want to install a copy of Arma2 and DayZ on all of my computers (multiplayer, backup soldier and all that), but I bought a digital downloadable copy online, and unless if there's a way to move all 16GB of Arma onto each computer, I'll have to re-download about 32GB of files over my slowish home network, which would take dayz. Also, my original comp is running Vista, another is running XP, and another is running Win8. Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

ye but where did u actually download the game files from? (not sure how game purchase on amazon works)

do u have like, .iso files (images of CDs)?

Edited by h3retic

Don't think so, I seem to have all the files that would normally be on the CD for Arma2 and the expansions, including setup and license key. Got them off Amazon's servers and they gave me the license keys. The original file probably came from BI

did u install the game urself on the first pc? like run setup.exe etc

if thats the case, just copy the downloaded installation files (the ones which u used to install the game) to ur new pc and run the setup

did u install the game urself on the first pc? like run setup.exe etc

if thats the case, just copy the downloaded installation files (the ones which u used to install the game) to ur new pc and run the setup

Yep just ran the setup, will do, thanks a lot, and thanks for the beanz

Edited by Deathstrike616
  • Like 1

Are you trying to do this to obtain multiple DayZ characters? If so this won't work, all character data is tied to your player ID which is tied to your cd key. Doing this would not give you a new cd key, you would have to buy more copies of ArmA 2 in order to get new cd keys.

Edited by D3hydratedWater

Are you trying to do this to obtain multiple DayZ characters? If so this won't work, all character data is tied to your player ID which is tied to your cd key. Doing this would not give you a new cd key, you would have to buy more copies of ArmA 2 in order to get new cd keys.

pretty sure its just to have dayz on all the computers

me i have 2 pcs at home, i got arma installed on both

one pc older, another beasty and new :)

pretty sure its just to have dayz on all the computers

me i have 2 pcs at home, i got arma installed on both

one pc older, another beasty and new :)

lol im running dayz on ultra with a 9800gt.... 3 year old card at least