Sign in to follow this  
codeine

Making Fire

Ive got a box of matches, and i lit my first fire today and we cooked a bunch of meat for my friend who was very low on blood.

But we tried to start a 2nd fire maybe 10 mins later coz we came accross a sheep but i just couldnt get the fire icon to come up, i tried flat ground and in the woods so it wasnt windy and no option came up.

Im a bit confused did my matchbox only have 1 match in it? Its still in my inventory.

You can make multiple fires from one matchbox don't worry. You need to make sure the ground is completely flat and no scenery/foliage is in the way.

Once you place down your fire place its lit and you've finished cooking follow these steps (using middle mouse):

1) Put out Fire

2) Remove Fireplace

If you don't remove fireplace you wont have the option to make a new one until you reconnect! Think of it as a hidden item that needs to be picked up after you use it. If you do forget and are with a friend you can light their fireplace with your matches if he has none. Just remember to pack it away afterward!

If you don't remove fireplace you wont have the option to make a new one until you reconnect!

Thanks for clearing that up, its good to know i can light a new fire once i reconnect.