Sign in to follow this  
Scorpi

BattlEye Update for Server can broke your Serial from Arma II

Recently many users have contacted us regarding this specific ban. We've investigated the problem and found that it's a problem with Steam falsely assigning the same (banned) cd-key to many users. Some users reported that reinstalling the game fixed the problem for them, so we suggest that as a temporary solution.

We're in contact with the game developers and they have already informed Valve about this problem. We will post an update once they have fixed the issue in their system.

Update: False alarm. This is simply caused by a fake hack that is in fact a cd-key stealer. It also overwrites the user's actual cd-key with a banned one resulting in this very ban ID. This news post will be removed shortly as there is no point in mentioning such things. After all it's the cheaters' fault for getting themselves banned like this.

I shut down my server since this problem is solved, because i don't want to lose my Arma II + Arma II OA Key from the server because of this glitch.

I would recommend that all server admins make this too so no user/server lose their keys because of an global ban. Battleeye said we should not have fear and they unban us but if you see on the last problem it takes long that they unban innocent players.

We don't know if server also vulnerable but if you have your own Serial Numbers on your server as i have you should really shut down it to minimize the problem.

It only effects people who DL what they thought was a cheat for DayZ which ironically then stole their CD key and replaced it with one that is already globally banned. In what possible way is this a risk to non-cheating host ?

I connect today to an official DayZ server and Battleeye updates after the update Battleye said that because of an glitch in the new battleeye version i can be global banned but they work on an solution

Edited by Shona