Sign in to follow this  
Snoa

How do you see how far away something is?

Hey fellas. I know that you can sight a scoped rifle so that it shoots perfectly at a certain distance, like 100m, 200m, and so on. But how can you tell how far away something is so you know what to sight it to? Do you just have to give it your best estimate?

Well its not recommend and considered cheating by most but if you use the mouse wheel srcoll once a hand will come up in general it will tell you how far something is. Most servers have this disabled due to to the fact its easier to kill someone.

Hey fellas. I know that you can sight a scoped rifle so that it shoots perfectly at a certain distance' date=' like 100m, 200m, and so on. But how can you tell how far away something is so you know what to sight it to? Do you just have to give it your best estimate?

[/quote']

Try this...there are more tutorials out there if you are searching for it.

Ah! That's very very helpful. Thank you very much :D

Ah! That's very very helpful. Thank you very much :D

You are welcome, best is to join some Arma 2 multiplayer games to train your sniping abilities since in DayZ you are limited with ammo and with less player targets.

[Tier1] Gilion posted an excellent guide before the wipe. I have attached it below.

...best is to join some Arma 2 multiplayer games to train your sniping abilities since in DayZ you are limited with ammo and with less player targets.

Or just create a training mission in the editor. Place a few OPFOR squads and go to town on them. Or use training targets. Drop some ammo crates on your position so you don't run out. Add some weapon crates so you can try different weapons. There is a huge gaming asset sitting on your computer - use it!

This pdf guide includes the ACE mod, which is not included in DayZ (i.e. wind).

We are concerned only with determining range to target here, so the wind tables may be disregarded. The information on ranging is still relevant.