Sign in to follow this  
draconis_flamestrike

Buildings and Model Collissions?

not sure if this is somethign that is already a known glitch.. Or will be addressed when DayZ switches over to its own engine....Buuuuut

Are there any plans or work being done to improve the collision detection? Glitches I have found tend to be rather.. deadly.. and include:

zombies just ignoring most walls and doors...Hide in that house? Fuck no....we going to walk right through your door!

Laying down in a cramped area or near walls/other object tends to either spit you out the other side, kill you, or severely wound you.

When the game tries to find a place to put you (Hid in a outhouse.. yes i did.... realised there was a gun on the seat..so.. only way I thought I could get to it was to lay down....Nope...spat out outside it, broken bones etc etc..Oh look.. free din din for the zombie I was hiding from.

Objects and various items tending to spawn either untouchable, or ending up "in the ground"

Also... not sure if its unique to certain servers... but swapping backpacks directly, or from changing your "clothing" type tends to cause the one you were wearing to dissapear, along with anything inside...

Any notes or information from other plays is welcome..

If you see a backpack on the floor but can't open/ take it, first move all of the items AROUND the backpack. Other than that I haven't had any problems with unreachable items. This and the clothing change Houdini backpack bugs will probably be fixed at some point, the rest, I think, are ARMA II problems and probably won't be fixed until the standalone.

Edited by mZLY