Sign in to follow this  
Nymphetamine

so about a month ago after a patch Ive been hit by this super loading bs.

I understand the game has alot of loadings and once your in thats it but after this patch I get to the pool screen and it I get to creating char......

and that very last loading it just loads... every server loads...... I put a pizza in the oven for 23 mins with preheating! and come back its still not done..

Ive updated Im on up to date servers ive tried 3 launchers I have a good computer... any help?

If you're on steam try verifying both Arma II AND Arma II: OA's integrity of game caches. (right click on each > properties > local files > "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...") Then run BOTH Arma II and Arma II: OA at least once.

Also, try joining a server with few players in it. It seems that servers that are full or close to full have extremely long load times. For me, if it DOES show "Waiting for character to create" for a few moments or minutes (depending on server) then it IS going to let me in. If it skips it completely and sits on loading, then I know something is wrong.-

Edited by ShiZaNkY

bump... I tried that anyway i made my game run alot cleaner but still super loading. any othe rideas?

what version of mod and game are you running? it's in the bottom right corner on the main menu screen

try updating to the latest versions of both mod and beta (1.7.2.6 and 96584) and then try to connect to a server running those versions of mod/beta (before joining server verify in the main menu that you are really running those versions)

if your server is running 1.7.2.5 don't worry about it, you can downgrade dayz any time.. it's just for testing

Edited by moriak