Sign in to follow this  
skep

Hackers ruining the game

So, our story:

It took two friends of mine and myself 4 to 5 hours to repair a bus we found in Cherno and drive to Scary Sobor and the NW Airfield. We found a heli crash site and some nice gear, we were quite happy about that. Afterwards we decided to drive to Cherno.

Well, we parked our bus approximetly 1/2 km to cherno in the woods.

Suddenly, out of nowhere: shots, both of em where killed instantly, i tried to figure out where the shots came from. I was running a around in the woods, i heard footsteps very near to me, but no sign of a player.

Boooom, headshot, i was dead. I am sure he/she was invisible.

Actually, that has happend quite a lot to us in the past, hackers spawn, kill you and get off without any punishment. eg: NE to elektro in the moutains, suddenly automatic M203 fire at us, "phlumb, phlumb, phlumb", everbody dead. Blimey, not cool.

Battleeye seems to be useless. This mod, i know, its just the alpha, but - god damn it! - do something about that.

I really pissed about players who can cheat like hell and get away with that.

>> It just ruins this awesome mod! <<

Iam looking forward to hear your opinion about that.

Greets, skep

Edited by skep
  • Like 1

I have no opinion what so ever. Hackers are going to hack, BattlEye is going to keep miss-banning and nothings going to happen until the stand alone where BattlEye will be replaced with a new anti-cheat software.

Hello skep,

The same thing happens to me and my friends all the time!

We are gearing up ourselves for a few hours, return back to a city and get killed out of nowhere in the woods.

Mostly with, like you said a M203 or just a Sniper (invisible, clearly). And they get teleported to our position most of the times.

I am hoping for improvement too, but its only an alpha, so i think that they won't fix it very soon.

- GD

... damn hackers!!

You state that this mod is alpha, and that we should do something about it? At the moment there is very little that anyone can do, it's all on BattlEye's side.

Here is what happens:

Cheater decides he wants to cheat so he looks up some hacks/cheats/scripts, gets a way to bypass BattlEye and BattlEye ignores him and generally doesn't get logged on that server by BattlEye. They can't usually be found. (Some do log, I don't know if the new BE features show whats going on with hackers or not. I could be wrong.) Because of this they're a constant issue... However BattlEye itself does log them over at BE Servers, so eventually they will get banned in a giant ban-wave.

However people just end up buying new cd-keys and hack again, rendering it null half of the time. DayZ Staff do not have access to BattlEye and can not really interfere with the hackers unless the following happens:

- They release a private version of the hive

- They scramble the GUID's through the HIVE of said cheater('s) so they cannot play on public servers. (Generally this is taken from a cheat report thread.)

This is all that DayZ Staff could do at the moment, but I don't know what they're doing at the moment so... I've heard you can submit a report to BattlEye if you have evidence of a cheater, but I don't know how that works.

Hackers are ruining the game, however, you need patience as the standalone is confirmed and when it is released, the presence of hackers will be less noticeable.

Thats the newest hack right now. hackers are going invisible and they come right up to you and head shot you. Been happening to me and my bros alot the last few days.

Thanks for your replies guys, guess i just gotta be patient and wait for the mega ban wave or the standalone :)

greets, skep

Hackers they are not. I call them script kiddies because for hacking you gotta do some serious stuff. You guys are giving them a title of something they do not deserve.

About them... Hmm yeah I encountered some 'hacker' attacks myself but then again I cannot seem to develop any theory on how to stop them. My friend told me the engine is designed to actively change the script at any point of time so I don't think that's a useful detection method. A more possible way is that DayZ has a program blacklist that run in the background of the system. For example if the game notices you have a process called 'Calculator' running, it will kick you out, or ban you. That would require admin privileges though.

I'm relatively new to this game myself so sorry if I got something wrong.

Hackers they are not. I call them script kiddies because for hacking you gotta do some serious stuff. You guys are giving them a title of something they do not deserve.

About them... Hmm yeah I encountered some 'hacker' attacks myself but then again I cannot seem to develop any theory on how to stop them. My friend told me the engine is designed to actively change the script at any point of time so I don't think that's a useful detection method. A more possible way is that DayZ has a program blacklist that run in the background of the system. For example if the game notices you have a process called 'Calculator' running, it will kick you out, or ban you. That would require admin privileges though.

I'm relatively new to this game myself so sorry if I got something wrong.

Ok i give you a better title for them " CHEATERS".

The stand-alone is not a solution to the current hacking problem and it may very well increase once it goes live.

I think this is something the devs should consider and try to put a stop to it now, as it may very well spread into their final project of DayZ.

There's a ton of examples out there such as: APC, CrimeCraft, WarINC all completly overun by hackers both in Alpha,Beta stages and LIVE.

So dont be fooled, the stand-alone will attract even more hackers into the community.

The stand-alone is not a solution to the current hacking problem and it may very well increase once it goes live.

I think this is something the devs should consider and try to put a stop to it now, as it may very well spread into their final project of DayZ.

There's a ton of examples out there such as: APC, CrimeCraft, WarINC all completly overun by hackers both in Alpha,Beta stages and LIVE.

So dont be fooled, the stand-alone will attract even more hackers into the community.

Through the standalone they are able to close off many of the avenues used by skiddies that they cannot in the MoD, because it is a MoD.

ARMA is a script friendly engine by design, Dayz does not work well with that. To fix it in the MoD requires changing too much ARMA code. Not going to happen.

By going standalone, they are able to change the engine, they are using folks who wrote the engine to do it.

This has been pointed out by Rocket, and many others.