Legacy (DayZ)

Potential Graphical Artifacting Fixes

http://www.reddit.co...for_nvidia_gpu/

A user from reddit has come apon a possible fox for Nvidia users (There is a potential ATI fix as well) I only post this as it is unofficial and only a

potential fix that may or may not work. This is going to be an edit of the users post, so I take no credit for this entire post besides editing and posting it for other viewers to see.

This is only a potential fix, so this may or may not work as it is experimental. Do this at your own risk.

Global Temporary Fixes

Fix #1 - When you're playing in-game, you can flush your video and have artifacting sometimes go away. To flush your game you need to press both Left Shift and Numpad -, let go of them and immediately type the keys: FLUSH (They don't need to be capital.) Your game should go black for 5 - 10 seconds while flushing itself, and you may or may not fix artifacting.

Fix #2 - Try looking at the graphical artifacts and logging out, then logging back in. This may temporarily remove them.

Fix #3 - Turn different graphical settings on, apply, then turn them off. (Example: Vsync. )

Fix #4 - Turn off Ambient Occlusion and set your video memory to default.

Fix #5 - Set your video memory to default and then set your HDR to Very High. (Thanks to UntouchBl

Nvidia Users

First thing is you want to make sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Go to nVidia's drivers site and find your card and update that shit. No matter how recently you did it, just do it.

Second, go to your Start menu, then Control Panel, and then nVidia Control Panel. This is going to let you configure your card IF you have the latest drivers installed. I'm not even joking about the drivers thing, update that shit to whatever the site says you should have.

Once you have NVIDIA Control Panel open, on the left side of the window you should see "3D Settings." Go ahead and click the "+" sign to expand that down if it isn't already. After that category is expanded, click "Manage 3D settings."

Now, on the main part of the window, you should be looking at a box with two tabs. One of the tabs will be labeled "Program Settings." Click that one.

Click the drop-down menu and you should be presented with this big fuckin' list of programs that nVidia recognizes. If ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead is in there, click it. If not, you'll have to add that shit.

To add ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, click "Add" (you fuckin' genius, you) and then drill down to where your ArmA2OA.exe is. I have the Steam version, so mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead. Select "ArmA2OA.exe" and then click "Open." BAM. You just added ArmA2OA to the list of programs that nVidia recognizes. Grats, you're a fucking technological wizard.

Scroll down until you see "Threaded optimization" and TURN THAT SHIT OFF. It should be set to "Auto" by default, but we're not even going to fuck around with that. Turn it off.

There. You're done, it's fixed. Exit NVIDIA Control Panel, if it asks if you want to save changes, you best save that shit.

Fire up DayZ and go ahead and look at some dead soldiers to your heart's desire (you sick fuck).

ATI Users Found by S128K

Download ATI Tray Tools and install the software. (You may need to restart after you install it.)

Right click the Tray Tools Icon, click on Tweaks and then click on Advanced Tweaks.

In the dropdown menu select Multi Threaded Support, change it to 2 or 4 (Depending on how many cores you have on your CPU)

Make sure the radio box above is ticked, click apply and try to play DayZ and let us know if it worked.

Note: You may get a notification from ATI Tray Tools telling you that you're missing a file called ATILDXXX.dll , you need to get the pre_12.1 or earlier drivers and extract the dll from them. Open the EXE using 7zip (Right click, 7Zip, Open Archive) and look for the folder $_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B129753 should be in there The B129753 folder will be named different depending on the version you download.

You will need to put ATILDXXX.dll into the folder what has the ATI Tray Tools executable.

Alternatively you can download it from here: http://www.filedropper.com/atipdlxx_1 Found by S128k & twiklo

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 30

Updated the ATI issue.

Edit: Yes, this is a potential (Read: Experimental, may or may not work.) fix for the graphical bugs that is caused from dead soldiers and maybe even barb-wire too! No guarantees.

Edited by Legacy

I did it but still see artifacts set memory to default it disappeared but on my way back I had artifacts...

Maybe I have to set this setting for Arma 2 too.

I can't understand why Rocket can't just release 1.7.2.51 patch and remove the dead soldiers??? is it that hard? they are useless!

• Like 7

It worked! (on ATI card), great! Many thanks, you have my beans.

Btw do you know who can do permanent fix for this issue? Is it manufacturer's mess that is needed for them to clean?

Didn't work on Nvidia. IN fact it may have made it worse. FPS dropped at least 50%

Edited by Beloozero

what about AMD?

Yeah. AMD = ATI, worked. But in one point, i experienced those glitches again, but in minor scale, not devastating my view (happened at handars in Balota airfield).

http://www.reddit.co...for_nvidia_gpu/

A user from reddit has come apon a possible fox for Nvidia users (There is a potential ATI fix as well) I only post this as it is unofficial and only a potential fix that may or may not work. This is going to be an edit of the users post, so I take no credit for this entire post besides editing and posting it for other viewers to see.

This is only a potential fix, so this may or may not work as it is experimental. Do this at your own risk.

Nvidia Users

First thing is you want to make sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Go to nVidia's drivers site and find your card and update that shit. No matter how recently you did it, just do it.

Second, go to your Start menu, then Control Panel, and then nVidia Control Panel. This is going to let you configure your card IF you have the latest drivers installed. I'm not even joking about the drivers thing, update that shit to whatever the site says you should have.

Once you have NVIDIA Control Panel open, on the left side of the window you should see "3D Settings." Go ahead and click the "+" sign to expand that down if it isn't already. After that category is expanded, click "Manage 3D settings."

Now, on the main part of the window, you should be looking at a box with two tabs. One of the tabs will be labeled "Program Settings." Click that one.

Click the drop-down menu and you should be presented with this big fuckin' list of programs that nVidia recognizes. If ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead is in there, click it. If not, you'll have to add that shit.

To add ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, click "Add" (you fuckin' genius, you) and then drill down to where your ArmA2OA.exe is. I have the Steam version, so mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead. Select "ArmA2OA.exe" and then click "Open." BAM. You just added ArmA2OA to the list of programs that nVidia recognizes. Grats, you're a fucking technological wizard.

Scroll down until you see "Threaded optimization" and TURN THAT SHIT OFF. It should be set to "Auto" by default, but we're not even going to fuck around with that. Turn it off.

There. You're done, it's fixed. Exit NVIDIA Control Panel, if it asks if you want to save changes, you best save that shit.

Fire up DayZ and go ahead and look at some dead soldiers to your heart's desire (you sick fuck).

ATI Users Found by S128K

Download ATI Tray Tools and install the software. (You may need to restart after you install it.)

Right click the Tray Tools Icon, click on Tweaks and then click on Advanced Tweaks.

In the dropdown menu select Multi Threaded Support, change it to 2 or 4 (Depending on how many cores you have on your CPU)

Make sure the radio box above is ticked, click apply and try to play DayZ and let us know if it worked.

Note: You may get a notification from ATI Tray Tools telling you that you're missing a file called ATILDXXX.dll , you need to get the pre_12.1 or earlier drivers and extract the dll from them. Open the EXE using 7zip (Right click, 7Zip, Open Archive) and look for the folder $_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B129753 should be in there The B129753 folder will be named different depending on the version you download.

You will need to put ATILDXXX.dll into the folder what has the ATI Tray Tools executable.

Alternatively you can download it from here: http://www.filedropper.com/atipdlxx_1 Found by S128k & twiklo

I rember there being a load of swearing in the actual post on reddit....

• Like 1

None of above things work for me, but its a bit less annoying after i do the flush trick. But yesterday was playing on a server and before restart i couldnt see anything infront of me on NW airfield, but then server restarted and like few minutes after server restart when i logged back in, I had no problems with glitching and it was ok until i quit. Do this bugs have to do something with server overloading or what? And yes Please Rocket remove soldiers in next patch they are of no use anyway,

• Like 1

I have Nvidia GTS 450 and by default Vsync is disabled, if I enable then disable vsync it 100% resolves this problem for me. I've spoken with others, just messing with the graphical settings usually at least makes it manageable.

well I have 6 cores... so it wont work?

well I have 6 cores... so it wont work?

Just try to change the value to 6 cores, see what will happen.

Im not messing around moving files potentially breaking my game or invalidating it. If they can't fix it they should rewrite the entire game or pass the project over to Ubisoft, its pretty much a Ghost recon 2 clone anyway lol.

Im not messing around moving files potentially breaking my game or invalidating it. If they can't fix it they should rewrite the entire game or pass the project over to Ubisoft, its pretty much a Ghost recon 2 clone anyway lol.

Dude are you stoned? Stupid arse Ubisoft caters to console kiddies whereas Arma series is for PC adults!

• Like 2

Actually I dont have this issue any more after turning off Ambient Occlusion I think it was? I'll have to double check when I get home, its the very first thing in the after you go in the AmraOA specific tweaks as stated in the first post. Instead of turning off optimizations turn off the very first thing at the top. I think its Ambient Occlusion?

Edit: Yes it was Ambient Occlusion. I turned it off and I have yet to see the problem return. I use to get it in Stary Sobor everytime I went and I've since been there twice and have yet to have it happen again. I also run my video card memory on Default instead of very high. My Card has 768mb of Ram but the game seems to run best on default.

Edited by JESUSFOOD

I tried solution witch NVIDIA settings. For me not working. Faund this and so far is good but some servers will kick u after join. People feer to do this fix becouse global ban is given sometimes for free and this could be a another reason to be baned.

If this doesnt work for me try what i do.look in the direction of the artifacts and abort then close the game

and re open it works everytime for me

yee when someone shooting to u?. "dont shoot wait i will tape -flush or i will relog, hmm dosent work wait Have nice idea i just go Alt+TAB" for evrything u have time under fire.

The ATI solution did work for me (HD 5770) and another clanmate. Tested it after it was posted on reddit :)

Did not work on Nvidia system of another clanmate~

Edited by crckdns