ocelot07

Question about Heatpack and Map

Hello,

Ok I have been playing DayZ since the last DayZ update came out. I have noticed a lot of heatpacks on my travels and am wondering is there any use for them any more? I know before the last patch you had a heat monitor thing and you had to keep your character warm via using heatpacks. But since the heat monitor has gone due to the latest patch are there any use for these now?

I used them every time I see them but I don't see any change in my character and he does not seem to give any indication that he is cold or anything lol.

My next question is about the in game map. A few minutes ago I was looking at the map seeing where I should head to next then I see a X on the map and it said Crashed Heli next to it. I thought ill go there then and see what I can find. As I got closer ( a couple minutes away from it ) I checked the map again to make sure am heading in the right direction. I then notice next to the Crashed Heli it has another X saying HAHAHA you stupid motherfucker. I this point I thought it must be a trap and went to a small village to get some supplies. I then checked the map again then there is loads of messages on the map neat the NW airfield saying like I see you ect. Was I in a hacked lobby or is this normal? Since when could people communicate using a map and leave tips/traps.

O dear I feel so stupid now :(. I have never noticed this before until now. Then again most of the time I don't have a map.

He outed us. Damn that was the funnest thing to do to new people. Muahahaha *evil grin*

Don't feel bad, I didn't know about it for awhile. I remember the first map I found, it was off a dead player (I found) and it was marked all over with stuff like "heli" "base" and "stash", I thought he was just dumb, but I did my research and found out it was global.

Some servers disable this however, same with the way points.

If you get too cold the temperature icon will flash and your guy will start to shiver,

This has recently happened to me while out joyriding in a boat, resulting in a cough and blood loss, though it seems to have stabilized at 5999,

Currently raiding hospitals in the hope of finding antibiotics.

The only time I need to use heatpacks is when I swim to Skalisty island at night. The temp. icon get's visibly bluer and a heatpack restores it.