Sign in to follow this  
Markz

Toolboxes

So I've recently read in the DayZ wiki, that the toolboxes don't spawn in the latest version, this seems to be true, as I've searched the entire industrial area in Cherno and have not found one toolbox. This especially sucks, becouse I had just found a bus and had all the parts to repair it.

Does anybody have any confirmation on the disappearance of toolboxes? If yes, then is there any other way to obtain them, since there is no way to repair vehicles otherwise.

You don't need a toolbox to repair, just get the part, scroll your mousewheel and choose the part you wish to repair.

You do not need toolboxes to repair vehicles.

Indeed, you have really hard fingers.

Well I feel like a retard now.

For no reason. It is perfectly logical that you need a toolbox (as in the right set of tools) to repair vehicles. You can't do it with your bare hands and fingers. And so, I too asked this very same question in another thread, as I also struggled with finding a toolbox.

The answers blew me away too, so many hours wasted on trying to find something that I thought was necessary to have to repair stuff, only to find out that you don't need it at all, except if you're gonna set up barbed wires and/or tank traps.