Sign in to follow this  
OwnexD

Best weapon to go with a sniper rifle?

Thacks for all your sudgestions. But I still have hard time deciding what is the best m4?

Any automatic, i guess M4 would be good. I found a mp5sd to pair with my m24 a while back although i dont have an M9sd.

Not just you. I love that thing! Ammo is fairly easy to find and it's a lot quieter then the M4s.

It feels like it's more controllable on full auto too, but maybe that's just because of the superior sighting aperture.

M4SD actually does 833 more damage to players than AK74. All 5.56 weapons do. Even the SAW.

Actually it is the only M4/M16 variant that does the exact same damage as the AK series of guns, simply because the SD makes it weaker.

Precisely why people are saying you need 5-6 rounds out of the M4SD to kill someone. Eight is obviously an exaggeration. It's a great gun for killing zombies but I'll stick with the M9SD for that. Pretty much any assault rifle is superior to the M4SD when you take the audible range out of the equation.

Actually it is the only M4/M16 variant that does the exact same damage as the AK series of guns, simply because the SD makes it weaker.

Precisely why people are saying you need 5-6 rounds out of the M4SD to kill someone. Eight is obviously an exaggeration. It's a great gun for killing zombies but I'll stick with the M9SD for that. Pretty much any assault rifle is superior to the M4SD when you take the audible range out of the equation.

Wiki says differently. I mean, I'd believe you, because that makes sense (Except the part where AK's got nerfed but I already spoke my peace on that), but the wiki says SD 5.56 and Non-SD 5.56 have the same damage values, and I believe that comes directly from the patch notes.

Wiki says differently. I mean, I'd believe you, because that makes sense (Except the part where AK's got nerfed but I already spoke my peace on that), but the wiki says SD 5.56 and Non-SD 5.56 have the same damage values, and I believe that comes directly from the patch notes.

The Wiki is outdated. This is currently accurate: http://dayzdb.com/database/weapon-comparison

M4SD actually does 833 more damage to players than AK74. All 5.56 weapons do. Even the SAW.

No, actually the ak74 does the same damage as he m4sd, but it has a longer effective range. Hence, the gun is shit. And the saw does 3333 damage vs the m4's 2730 or something. Happy?

No, actually the ak74 does the same damage as he m4sd, but it has a longer effective range. Hence, the gun is shit. And the saw does 3333 damage vs the m4's 2730 or something. Happy?

I love how you can still be condescending after the issue has been addressed, even whilst you're only partially correct.