Spacely

Teleported by hacker to an island (help)

So I was settled in a new area waiting for ppl returning from NWAF and all of a sudden I had 3 ppl on my screen shooting wildly at each other, I was still prone so I was not seen. Seconds later 15 more ppl (roughly) were tele'd in. I immediatly aborted and now I am stuck in Kamyshovo on an island looking at the shore.

Am I able to swim across or will I still lose everything in my bag? I am furious, maybe its gods way of saying dont play on DE servers being from North America and all.

last time I tried to swim wearing a ghillie suit I lost my backpack and all the gear in my inventory, besides my sidearm and tools..

I respawned after a death on an island off of Otmel. I managed to swim from one island to the next one without losing a thing, but that could have just been luck.

It depends on the server. Maybe someone can tell you a server that has the option disabled.

Edited by LunaTiK

I'm pretty sure its a server side setting that any good admin/s will have set to keep the backpack, but also have been told it was a bug that was fixed in .5.

Might be an idea to ask if theres a server that will allow you to swim across and then jump back to your regular.

Edited by d4nny
  • Like 1

Try wading in, if it's shallow water even if it drops you can usually grab the items back by going a bit closer to shore from where they dropped off you. then try another server.

Repeat

beans to d4nny for a sweet profile picture!

Also... we just got teleported to an island fuck knows where off the coast by a hacker, along with everyone else on the server. Chaos ensued, people died, anyone know how we can get back? Thanks

(get back without dying that is)

Edited by LowEstring

Best way to fix your issue is alt f4 while loading the game. This is after the multiplayer menu... once you see the (loading) appear hit alt-f4. Now this should send you to the debug plains. You may and most likely will lose all of your gear. and be stuck out in the middle of no where! but atleast you will be able to respawn yourself on the shore without all of your gear and the satisfaction of knowing it isnt at the bottom of the lake!

Hope this helped.

I managed to get back by server hopping. Apparently there's a new feature that spawns you back on the coast if you hop servers too much in a short time. It only took til the 3rd server to get spawned on the beach! :) Thanks for the suggestion though, I much would've preferred that than trying to swim the whole way across

What you have to do in those situation is to log in a server with an older arma2 beta patch. Doing that should move you to one of the normal spawn points on the beach with your gear.