I.V. Stand

So player can give transfusion to himself. Make it as big as a rifle.

or have it fixed in hospitals. sounds like a good compromise for players that like going solo despite the increased difficulty.

It is a item that motivates grouping with other players, I like that.

When I roam the fields solo, animal hunting basically eliminates my need for bloodbags.

It is a item that motivates grouping with other players' date=' I like that.

When I roam the fields solo, animal hunting basically eliminates my need for bloodbags.

[/quote']

This.

Also, carrying around an IV stand is kind of stupid anyway. All it does is hold the bag. Why would you take it?

Instead of an IV stand, have a needle or something.

As someone who was taught how to start IV's (Army CLS training) I'm curious why you can't self-administer these in game. It's not as intensive an operation as, say, a minor surgical procedure, or as awkward as trying to self-suture a wound on your back.

I think this is one of those "gameplay vs realism" arguments. In real life, you can give your self a blood transfusion if you know how to do it, but i think in DayZ it encourages teamwork and i'm fine with that. As Orbital said, hunting is the key if you're going solo.

or have it fixed in hospitals. sounds like a good compromise for players that like going solo despite the increased difficulty.

That's actually a good idea.

I think this is one of those "gameplay vs realism" arguments. In real life' date=' you can give your self a blood transfusion if you know how to do it, but i think in DayZ it encourages teamwork and i'm fine with that. As Orbital said, hunting is the key if you're going solo.

[/quote']

Agreed, it's simply to encourage team play.

That's actually a good idea.

I think this is one of those "gameplay vs realism" arguments. In real life' date=' you can give your self a blood transfusion if you know how to do it, but i think in DayZ it encourages teamwork and i'm fine with that. As Orbital said, hunting is the key if you're going solo.

[/quote']

Agreed, it's simply to encourage team play.

No, the idea was to enable those that truely wantto be bandits the ability to setup a base in grand style.