Sign in to follow this  
wrobel

Hackers are... Good?

While playing on a server yesterday, i was chilling out at Skalka, hoping to find a Ural. Suddenly, i died, along with everyone else on the server. Of course i was pissed, having just lost the best loot in the game, sans the L85. I then spawned in elektro, where i found multitudes of bodies. One of the corpses belonged to an Elysium member, who had NVGs, GPS, Rangefinder, etc.... I immediately grabbed his loot and ran off, only stopping to kill a guy toting the hero skin (my humanity is -85000). My point is, that on clan servers the hackers are more like Robin Hood. They blow up the cars, and restart everyone's character. This way, everyone has a fair chance.

What..wha...what. The. Fuck?

Are you kidding me? Hacker kills everyone on a server and he's tucking robin hood?! Does that mean Rocket is the bloody sheriff of nottingham?

• Like 1

You didn't have gear, died along with people who probably searched for weeks for the gear you found then killed someone with a hero skin.

Day Z isn't about "fair chance"

Hacking needs to be eradicated like the scum that promote it (you)

• Like 1

Is it too early to cast my nomination for stupidest post of the year?

For real. Must be a full moon.

Except for the person who spawns near a dead body with "NVGs, GPS, Rangefinder, etc...." they haven't been probably reset

While playing on a server yesterday, i was chilling out at Skalka, hoping to find a Ural. Suddenly, i died, along with everyone else on the server. Of course i was pissed, having just lost the best loot in the game, sans the L85. I then spawned in elektro, where i found multitudes of bodies. One of the corpses belonged to an Elysium member, who had NVGs, GPS, Rangefinder, etc.... I immediately grabbed his loot and ran off, only stopping to kill a guy toting the hero skin (my humanity is -85000). My point is, that on clan servers the hackers are more like Robin Hood. They blow up the cars, and restart everyone's character. This way, everyone has a fair chance.

Although clans hording vehicles is very annoying and often pointless. I don't believe hackers are a good way to counter act it. Although I can see where you're coming from. Vehicle hording is a huge issue right now, and most likely if it's a clan server and they own it they will just restart it and lock the server for a small amount of time while they "test" it and take all the vehicles again. So...

The only good hackers, are the ones that try to scare the crap out of you. Or the ones that start dance parties. Or the banned ones.

Hey, we were definitely playing with you Aleksandr - killed you a few times in Elektro - was quite fun!

Shortly after everyone on the server was teleported into the air and died upon impact. Along with him teleporting users he was also making himself invisible and shooting a few people in remote locations.

A brief snippet from the remoteexec.log

21.08.2012 18:34:49: Zen (98.195.228.250:2344) c1c0ff7be67fba89a1d6d4ec29fe6c98 - #0 "if (isnil ("bInvisibleOn")) then {objMYPlayer hideObject true;};"

Sorry about your loss on the server, it happens.

Although clans hording vehicles is very annoying and often pointless. I don't believe hackers are a good way to counter act it. Although I can see where you're coming from. Vehicle hording is a huge issue right now, and most likely if it's a clan server and they own it they will just restart it and lock the server for a small amount of time while they "test" it and take all the vehicles again. So...

I totally agree - the clan that plays on this server doesn't hoard EVERY vehicle - just a few cars and an atv. It's no fun when there's no risk/reward by having every vehicle/weapon.

The server US 1023 is NEVER locked for any type of "testing". It does however restart every 12 hours (used to be every 6) via an automated script.

It's much more challenging to have other people driving around in vehicles/heli's.

I find some hackers absolutely hilarious and their videos on youtube make some of them ok in my book. However some are just douche bags. Give or take.

Is it too early to cast my nomination for stupidest post of the year?

I would normally let you do this but these days these forums just seem to surpass themselves every day. So this is your last vote change.

I met a good hacker today. As I log in, crouching in near stary sobor, I hear something! Someone is right next to me gun in my face! Holly Molly I almost crapped my pants. So I tell him I won't shoot and he started giving me some tips. I figured out he was hacking when all zombies around us insta die. He cleared the army tents and let me gear up. I asked him what was his fun since he had hacks ans I wasn't dead yet. He told me that killing snipers in guillie was. He teleported away telling me to hide. Bam someone get killed. Insta pop back to me to say good luck and left in the wild. That's it. It was a good day for me. Thanks for sparing my life.

Edited by Wrongday

i didn't drink anything yet. how come i am drunk ? i mean i must be drunk with what i've just read from OP.

no more whisky for me. back to coke and pepsi